PDA

View Full Version : When to order a '13 Air? ( not an i7 vs i5 thread =D )




tbolt11
Jul 3, 2013, 02:36 PM
So after an intense amount of debate between:
Should I get a new laptop to replace(sell) my macbook air 2011 (decided yes)
Should I go with a macbook air 2013 or wait for retina refresh (decided AIR)
Should I go with i5 or i7 (leaning towards i7)

I now want to know if there would be any benefit on waiting for a not-first-batch of them. Considering I would likely be ordering a CTO i7/512gb/8gb model I would like some insight on if I should order it now or wait a few weeks or what.

I normally don't go to this level of detail on a new purchase but figure I would poke around if anyone knew it was smart to wait for the production runs to be ironed out.

Thanks



mattferg
Jul 3, 2013, 03:58 PM
So after an intense amount of debate between:
Should I get a new laptop to replace(sell) my macbook air 2011 (decided yes)
Should I go with a macbook air 2013 or wait for retina refresh (decided AIR)
Should I go with i5 or i7 (leaning towards i7)

I now want to know if there would be any benefit on waiting for a not-first-batch of them. Considering I would likely be ordering a CTO i7/512gb/8gb model I would like some insight on if I should order it now or wait a few weeks or what.

I normally don't go to this level of detail on a new purchase but figure I would poke around if anyone knew it was smart to wait for the production runs to be ironed out.

Thanks

The issues currently out are in a small minority or software based, so just buy now. Note the config you want to buy you can pick up in most Apple stores.