PDA

View Full Version : MBA 13" vs MBP 13" (2.9 GHz) vs rMBP 13"

skimmilk13
Jul 3, 2013, 04:58 PM
Hi there.
I'm heading off to college next year (or within a few months) and I need a new computer. I set my mind on an Apple product over Windows because I've been living with Windows my whole life and I thought this year would be a good year to change.
I'm currently stuck between these 3 models.
For the MBA, I've only heard good reviews. My sister has the 2012 edition and she just loves it. I used to mock her for getting an Air over a Pro, but with the new Haswell Intel processor, the Air has never looked better!
The current specs I'm looking at are as follows:
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz
8GB RAM
and either 128 or 256 GB of SSD storage
The 128GB will be cheaper, and I could possibly invest in one of Apple's external harddrives. The only problem I have with these is that I don't know how they work, and if I can boot things like documents, iTunes, games, etc. from the external harddrive.
The regular Macbook Pro probably offers more bang for the buck. I've been really picky over my processors. But despite being the bulkiest of the 3, the regular Pro offers 750 GB (or an upgraded 1TB) of storage. I would like my laptop to last me for 4 years. Currently running on 256 GB of SSD and it has barely lasted me 2 years. I have approximately 20 GB of storage left!
The retina Macbook Pro I think is more of a luxury item. I don't really need that retina display (although it is really nice!) since I purchased an external display I can connect to any laptop via HDMI (except for the MBP, which I would have to buy an adapter). The processor is subpar to the regular MBP (and the Air if I bring into account Haswell vs Ivy Bridge), storage space for entry-level is 128 GB ($200 for an upgrade is pricey), and less portable than the Air.
Basically the retina is the middle child compared to the other 2 products.

I'm stuck on which to get. Besides the ordinary laptop uses, I want a laptop that can run League of Legends appropriately (60 fps). I gave up on Guild Wars 2 after hearing all the negative reviews/hearing how the Macbook couldn't run it well. I do plan on bringing a console to college so PC gaming isn't too much of an issue. Rather not be sucked into the abyss of gaming.

What are your recommendations?

filmbuff
Jul 3, 2013, 05:49 PM
Do you have a computer now that you can take with you? The reason I ask is because if you can wait a little longer (maybe September??) the retina MBP will most likely get an upgrade.

External hard drives work just like they do on PCs. You don't have to buy one from Apple, any USB drive will work. I would evaluate what you actually need to access every day to decide whether or not you want a bigger internal drive. Do you need all of those files when you take the computer with you? If so the old MBP would be best. Otherwise just put your apps and software on the internal SSD and store everything else on an external drive.

TheMythTheMan
Jul 3, 2013, 05:51 PM
To start, I wouldnt put much emphasis on the processor. As several other threads wil tell you, the jump from i5 to i7 on the MBA 13 is not that noticeable for "normal use" and even in gaming. Same applies to the choice of processors in the MBP and rMBP family. The fact that you are even considering a MBA means you probably wont need the extra power anyway.

With both the MBP and rMBP, the air has newer (better, faster) graphics with intel hd 5000 vs 4000 for the MBPs - resulting in better gaming performance. Unless you want to wait for the refreshed MBP and rMBP, the air sounds like a good option and is cheaper (skip the i7, but 8gbs ram is a must).

skimmilk13
Jul 3, 2013, 06:44 PM
Do you have a computer now that you can take with you? The reason I ask is because if you can wait a little longer (maybe September??) the retina MBP will most likely get an upgrade.

External hard drives work just like they do on PCs. You don't have to buy one from Apple, any USB drive will work. I would evaluate what you actually need to access every day to decide whether or not you want a bigger internal drive. Do you need all of those files when you take the computer with you? If so the old MBP would be best. Otherwise just put your apps and software on the internal SSD and store everything else on an external drive.

I have a laptop I am using atm. However since I broke the keyboard, I've been basically using it like a PC, attached to a monitor and separate keyboard.
It's pretty heavy (around 8 pounds) and I hate dragging it around. Had to do that during Hurricane Sandy and that was not a pleasant experience.
If it is early September, I am willing to wait. However if it does end up near the end of September/beginning of October, I might just go for the Air or not have the "newest" processor. It's not that much of a killer is it? Ivy Bridge vs Haswell?

To start, I wouldnt put much emphasis on the processor. As several other threads wil tell you, the jump from i5 to i7 on the MBA 13 is not that noticeable for "normal use" and even in gaming. Same applies to the choice of processors in the MBP and rMBP family. The fact that you are even considering a MBA means you probably wont need the extra power anyway.

With both the MBP and rMBP, the air has newer (better, faster) graphics with intel hd 5000 vs 4000 for the MBPs - resulting in better gaming performance. Unless you want to wait for the refreshed MBP and rMBP, the air sounds like a good option and is cheaper (skip the i7, but 8gbs ram is a must).

The most intensive thing I'll do on the computer is probably play League of Legends, which in itself is not very graphic intensive.
So the Air has better specs currently?

PDFierro
Jul 3, 2013, 06:54 PM
The most intensive thing I'll do on the computer is probably play League of Legends, which in itself is not very graphic intensive.
So the Air has better specs currently?

Well considering the Air just got updated and the rMBP won't be until the fall. Speeds are about the same, with one or the other being slightly faster from what I've heard.

But when the rMBP gets updated, it will no doubt be faster than the Air.

skimmilk13
Jul 3, 2013, 08:10 PM
Well considering the Air just got updated and the rMBP won't be until the fall. Speeds are about the same, with one or the other being slightly faster from what I've heard.

But when the rMBP gets updated, it will no doubt be faster than the Air.

Do new Macbooks get released near the end of the year?
Not sure if I can wait that long!!
I know the WWDC didn't talk about any new updates so that was a big disappointment :(

PDFierro
Jul 3, 2013, 08:22 PM
Do new Macbooks get released near the end of the year?
Not sure if I can wait that long!!
I know the WWDC didn't talk about any new updates so that was a big disappointment :(

Well the Air got updated. The Retina MacBook Pro looks like it won't be out until September/October. I think it's all but official that the classic MBP won't ever get updated again.

I'd personally go with the Air in your situation.

skimmilk13
Jul 3, 2013, 10:39 PM
Well the Air got updated. The Retina MacBook Pro looks like it won't be out until September/October. I think it's all but official that the classic MBP won't ever get updated again.

I'd personally go with the Air in your situation.

I guess I'll have to wait until Apple fixes the Wi-fi issue!
Quick question, does the Air have overheating issues?
Any game takes a toll on the fan. The Air looks tiny! The fans?

Stealth777
Jul 4, 2013, 01:00 AM
I guess I'll have to wait until Apple fixes the Wi-fi issue!
Quick question, does the Air have overheating issues?
Any game takes a toll on the fan. The Air looks tiny! The fans?

I'm not a gamer but downloaded Call of Duty 4 on both machines. Ran on the rMBP for about 40 minutes and the machine got warm/hottis but not super hot. Fans never kicked on, so it was dead quiet.

About 2 mins after starting the game on the Air, the fans kicked on and ramped up to high rpm very quickly. The noise was distracting. This is a 2013, haswell i5, 256g Air. The top of the Air got quite a bit hotter than the rMBP, especially by the "esc" key area in the upper left. Bottom was hot too. The Air did run the game a little smoother but hardly noticeable. The game looked better on the retina, which would be expected.

This was running the game in the default configuration on both machines. I have not tested higher res and played with textures etc.

Basically all this showed me was the Air fans kick on and it generates more heat than the rMBP. Kind of the opposite of what I thought because for normal web surfing etc the Air has been cooler than the rMBP. I guess that's because it's running at a slower clock speed for that stuff but when it ramps up for a game that haswell chip generates a lot of heat.

SteveJobs2.0
Jul 4, 2013, 01:04 AM
I'm not a gamer but downloaded Call of Duty 4 on both machines. Ran on the rMBP for about 40 minutes and the machine got warm/hottis but not super hot. Fans never kicked on, so it was dead quiet.

About 2 mins after starting the game on the Air, the fans kicked on and ramped up to high rpm very quickly. The noise was distracting. This is a 2013, haswell i5, 256g Air. The top of the Air got quite a bit hotter than the rMBP, especially by the "esc" key area in the upper left. Bottom was hot too. The Air did run the game a little smoother but hardly noticeable. The game looked better on the retina, which would be expected.

This was running the game in the default configuration on both machines. I have not tested higher res and played with textures etc.

Basically all this showed me was the Air fans kick on and it generates more heat than the rMBP. Kind of the opposite of what I thought because for normal web surfing etc the Air has been cooler than the rMBP. I guess that's because it's running at a slower clock speed for that stuff but when it ramps up for a game that haswell chip generates a lot of heat.

What's this supposed to mean?

skimmilk13
Jul 4, 2013, 09:49 AM

I think that's my problem with the Air.
To do anything processor intensive, I'll always have to overclock the processor. Overclocking would lead to overheating, and overheating will generally degrade the system.

calvol
Jul 4, 2013, 10:08 AM

This has to do a lot with better case case cooling of the rMBP with side vents.

Stealth777
Jul 4, 2013, 04:53 PM
This has to do a lot with better case case cooling of the rMBP with side vents.

yup, exactly what I thought. So, at the end of the day for stuff that's not processor taxing the Air is the cooler machine, but if you need to do anything that really requires power the Air is going to heat up a lot faster than the retina and it stays hot longer too.

skimmilk13
Jul 6, 2013, 09:41 PM
So people are saying Macbook Air. At least one person is.

Can I have an idea on how powerful the processor of the Air is compared to the i5 in the Retina Macbook pro?

kahkityoong
Jul 6, 2013, 11:01 PM
So people are saying Macbook Air. At least one person is.

Can I have an idea on how powerful the processor of the Air is compared to the i5 in the Retina Macbook pro?

Processor of i5 2012 and 2013 MBA are about equal to the rMBP. Processor of i7 MBA is generally superior to rMBP.

skimmilk13
Jul 9, 2013, 10:10 AM
Processor of i5 2012 and 2013 MBA are about equal to the rMBP. Processor of i7 MBA is generally superior to rMBP.

When I look at the prices (student discount), a MBA with 256GB SSD, 1.7GHz Intel i7 processor and 8GB of RAM is only $100 less than a rMBP with 256 SSD and 8GB of RAM. I think $100 is a great deal for a better screen.

magbarn
Jul 9, 2013, 01:07 PM
Processor of i5 2012 and 2013 MBA are about equal to the rMBP. Processor of i7 MBA is about the same as rMBP.

Correction. The base i5 2013 MBA CPU is about >20% slower than the 2.5/2.6 Ivy Bridge CPU in the rMBP 13. The i7 upgrade just brings it up to about par.

For the OP, it's all about what's more important for you... 12 hour battery life vs. retina screen. The rumored Haswell rMBP 13 will have much better battery life, better GPU, about the same CPU performance as the Ivy Bridge rMBP 13.

beautifulcoder
Jul 9, 2013, 01:20 PM
Would it be too crazy to expect 12 hour batter on the new rMBP with Haswell?

tann
Jul 9, 2013, 05:10 PM
The Air i7 is more powerful than the Pro i5 (on geekbench at least) and the HD5000 is a lot better than the 4000 in the current MBP and rMBP 13"s.

If you were buying today I would recommend the MBA 13" i5 256gb 8gb model.

For a few reasons.

256 should be manageable, as long as you can be careful with your documents and media (e.g. putting movies on an external usb 3 hard drive or something) you hopefully won't run out, even with a bootcamp installation.

The SSD is a hell of a lot nicer than the cMBP 750gb spinning drive.

The screen resolution is a lot better than the cMBP as well (the rMBP can match the MBA screen resolution but then it will not be as crisp as possible).

I think if you're going to get a MacBook for 4 years of use, pick either the MBA or the rMBP (with Haswell when released). Either way get 256gb minimum and 8gb of ram.

skimmilk13
Jul 10, 2013, 12:33 AM
The Air i7 is more powerful than the Pro i5 (on geekbench at least) and the HD5000 is a lot better than the 4000 in the current MBP and rMBP 13"s.

If you were buying today I would recommend the MBA 13" i5 256gb 8gb model.

For a few reasons.

256 should be manageable, as long as you can be careful with your documents and media (e.g. putting movies on an external usb 3 hard drive or something) you hopefully won't run out, even with a bootcamp installation.

The SSD is a hell of a lot nicer than the cMBP 750gb spinning drive.

The screen resolution is a lot better than the cMBP as well (the rMBP can match the MBA screen resolution but then it will not be as crisp as possible).

I think if you're going to get a MacBook for 4 years of use, pick either the MBA or the rMBP (with Haswell when released). Either way get 256gb minimum and 8gb of ram.

I really don't see the difference between Intel HD 4000 and Intel HD 5000. Integrated graphics cards suck regardless. If I was really into gaming/graphic intensive applications, I would have purchased a computer with a dedicated NVidia graphics card.
I heard the Maverick OS comes out in fall, when school has already started.

I went to the Apple store today and asked the geniuses for their opinions on if I should get a MBA or rMBP. Quite useless actually. They shrugged me off and said I probably knew what I wanted/knew more about the computer specifications than they did. I was a bit irritated by that. I mean, come on, you work at Apple. You should know your stuff. More than your average high school graduate.
But one guy did tell me I'd get more bang for the buck if I went with the Retina.

tann
Jul 10, 2013, 04:35 AM
I really don't see the difference between Intel HD 4000 and Intel HD 5000. Integrated graphics cards suck regardless. If I was really into gaming/graphic intensive applications, I would have purchased a computer with a dedicated NVidia graphics card.
I heard the Maverick OS comes out in fall, when school has already started.

I went to the Apple store today and asked the geniuses for their opinions on if I should get a MBA or rMBP. Quite useless actually. They shrugged me off and said I probably knew what I wanted/knew more about the computer specifications than they did. I was a bit irritated by that. I mean, come on, you work at Apple. You should know your stuff. More than your average high school graduate.
But one guy did tell me I'd get more bang for the buck if I went with the Retina.

The point is if you ever decided you want to play LoL or something on your mac the MBA will play it quite a bit better than the rest.

Also the rMBP 13" has to push a lot more pixels with the same graphics card as last year and I don't know if it's wise to buy such an expensive computer with a year old integrated gpu if you want it to last a few years.

kahkityoong
Jul 10, 2013, 08:45 AM
When I look at the prices (student discount), a MBA with 256GB SSD, 1.7GHz Intel i7 processor and 8GB of RAM is only $100 less than a rMBP with 256 SSD and 8GB of RAM. I think $100 is a great deal for a better screen.

OP said he didn't need Retina hence my recommendation is actually based on his question. Not whether you want a retina display or not.

kahkityoong
Jul 10, 2013, 08:56 AM
Correction. The base i5 2013 MBA CPU is about >20% slower than the 2.5/2.6 Ivy Bridge CPU in the rMBP 13. The i7 upgrade just brings it up to about par.

For the OP, it's all about what's more important for you... 12 hour battery life vs. retina screen. The rumored Haswell rMBP 13 will have much better battery life, better GPU, about the same CPU performance as the Ivy Bridge rMBP 13.

Since you're obviously a pedant who needed to 'correct' my statement I am going to correct you. According to the Geekbench the difference between i5 2013 MBA and 13 rMBP is about 12-13% not >20%. And the i7 upgrade brings the MBA above the rMBP not just up to par.

So as I was dispensing with geekspeak, no correction needed in my initial observation that both i5 processors were more or less equal and that i7 MBA is faster than i5 rMBP. May I suggest that you need more fibre in your diet?

magbarn
Jul 10, 2013, 11:05 AM
Since you're obviously a pedant who needed to 'correct' my statement I am going to correct you. According to the Geekbench the difference between i5 2013 MBA and 13 rMBP is about 12-13% not >20%. And the i7 upgrade brings the MBA above the rMBP not just up to par.

So as I was dispensing with geekspeak, no correction needed in my initial observation that both i5 processors were more or less equal and that i7 MBA is faster than i5 rMBP. May I suggest that you need more fibre in your diet?

I see you want to base all your performance metrics on one SYNTHETIC benchmark
look here Anandtech 2013 i5 vs i7 (http://www.anandtech.com/show/7113/2013-macbook-air-core-i5-4250u-vs-core-i7-4650u/2) comparison
In multiple REAL WORLD APPS (unless Geekbench is your app you use everyday for photo editing), it's more than a 12-13% difference. The 2013 MBA i7 is about on par with the 2.5ghz rMBP 13 and trade blows. The MBA i5 is definitely slower than the i5 in the rMBP when it comes to CPU performance. Seeing that you're a pro photographer you would notice there's a significant difference in Lightroom/Photoshop performance between an 2013 i5 MBA vs i5 rMBP 13. This gap will just widen with the CPU/IO performance improvements that are coming to the Haswell rMBP.

I have plenty of fiber in my diet, thank you.

DarwinOSX
Jul 10, 2013, 12:05 PM
Thats wrong. Read the Anandtech review.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7113/2013-macbook-air-core-i5-4250u-vs-core-i7-4650u

budgynana
Jul 10, 2013, 12:18 PM
Something to bear in mind.... don't know how educational discounts work over there but in the UK if you order online from an educational campus - because they detect your ip/location - you get something like another 3% off the normal educational discount.

But... I've been told you can get the same discount if you ring and ask.

TheMythTheMan
Jul 11, 2013, 09:43 PM
Thats wrong. Read the Anandtech review.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7113/2013-macbook-air-core-i5-4250u-vs-core-i7-4650u

OP asked about normal use plus some light gaming, to which anand recommends the i5 so you can grab the extra battery life.

Also, mostly related to gaming - "Although I didn't publish any results here, GPU performance seemed roughly unchanged compared to the Core i5 option."

Suraj R.
Jul 11, 2013, 11:37 PM
You can't be hung up on processors only. The Air features a MUCH faster SSD compared to any other Mac (including the current rMBPs). Processor may not be top notch but it isn't far, but the hard drive speeds will definitely make a difference in snappiness and will make your computer "faster."

Just something to keep in mind

skimmilk13
Jul 13, 2013, 01:47 AM
You can't be hung up on processors only. The Air features a MUCH faster SSD compared to any other Mac (including the current rMBPs). Processor may not be top notch but it isn't far, but the hard drive speeds will definitely make a difference in snappiness and will make your computer "faster."

Just something to keep in mind

Doesn't the SSD only affect the start up speed of the computer/applications?
With a better processor you have generally a better performance all the way through while the better SSD only affects the launching of an application.

Aesthetically, the rMBP looks a lot better than the MBA because of the screen. I really don't like the silver border of the MBA and much prefer the black border of Pros. I don't know. It's a weird thing I'm looking at. The black border just makes the Pro look a lot sleeker than the Air. But I'll probably get over this real soon.

Suraj R.
Jul 13, 2013, 01:58 AM
Doesn't the SSD only affect the start up speed of the computer/applications?
With a better processor you have generally a better performance all the way through while the better SSD only affects the launching of an application.

Aesthetically, the rMBP looks a lot better than the MBA because of the screen. I really don't like the silver border of the MBA and much prefer the black border of Pros. I don't know. It's a weird thing I'm looking at. The black border just makes the Pro look a lot sleeker than the Air. But I'll probably get over this real soon.

That's what I thought about the bezel of the Air too, but really you get used to it, and now I really like how it looks. I really wouldn't mind it being black either. But its better to have the silver bezel without all of the glassiness/glossiness that the black bezeled MBPs have.

skimmilk13
Jul 13, 2013, 12:10 PM
That's what I thought about the bezel of the Air too, but really you get used to it, and now I really like how it looks. I really wouldn't mind it being black either. But its better to have the silver bezel without all of the glassiness/glossiness that the black bezeled MBPs have.

Haha yeah I guess I will get over this issue rather quickly.

For the MBA, I assume people would recommend the i7 processor.
How about the MBP? Should I go with an i5 or i7? I don't really know the difference (battery life, processing speed), but maybe I'll give it to i7 since it's a bigger number? :rolleyes: haha

Suraj R.
Jul 13, 2013, 01:37 PM
Haha yeah I guess I will get over this issue rather quickly.

For the MBA, I assume people would recommend the i7 processor.
How about the MBP? Should I go with an i5 or i7? I don't really know the difference (battery life, processing speed), but maybe I'll give it to i7 since it's a bigger number? :rolleyes: haha

If you go to the MBA forums, the general consensus is that people recommend the i5 for the battery life, and the i7 only if you know that you're going to benefit from the little power boost that it provides.

bhayes444
Jul 14, 2013, 02:07 AM
About gaming performance for the i5 vs i7 on the air. I pulled this from one of the other threads on the MBA forums. Since I noticed you wanted a fairly decent LoL experience I thought it might be of use to you. It seems he has the 11" air because of the resolution being 1366x768 instead of the 1440x900 on the 13"

Lol I have both machines, you don't, I know this 1st hand, I am not repeating what others have assumed.

Not all games are GPU bound,

Here is my League of Legends results.(From Jul 1)

** League of Legends Test**

Setting on both machines.
Resolution - 1368x768
Character Quality - High
Effect Quality - Medium
Environment Quality - High
Shadows - Off

i5 results:
Avg FPS:41
FPS Range:37-50
Heat: Warm, maybe slightly less warm than i7 , fans running fairly loud

i7 results:
Avg FPS: 48
FPS Range:44-58
Heat: Warm - No Fans (Actually ran i7 test twice, because thought maybe I didn't hear fan on 1st run.)

Also i is well known and documented even by Blizzard, that their games WoW, SC2, Diablo3 are indeed in fact impacted by CPU speed.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6787819464

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3646384611

http://www.techspot.com/review/305-starcraft2-performance/page14.html

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?281659-CPU-or-GPU-priority-for-StarCraft-II-new-pc

http://www.overclock.net/t/1268825/which-games-are-generally-gpu-intensive-and-which-are-cpu-intensive

This post says it best;

"Most games are GPU dependent at the moment.
Besides..
Starcraft 2, World of Warcraft, CIV 5, Battlefield 3, GTA 4, Flight Simulators, Bad Company 2, basically most modern RPG, RTS, and free roaming games.
"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1258142-single-GPU-config-7970-vs-680
When talking about Blizzard games they are not that GPU intensive. In WoW you need a very good CPU (as much GHz and cache as possible) and in Diablo 3 you need a very fast HDD. Starcraft 2 runs perfect on almost every system out there.

I could list a few hundred more, but these are the 1st few i grabbed.

Also, given the prediction for what the new rMBP chips might bring in terms of the iGPU, you can bet that the HD 5100 Iris graphics will beat out the HD 5000 on the air any day of the week; even with the extra pixels it'll push.

One other thing to take into consideration is that if you ended up picking a new computer out before they refresh the MBPs, there is always the consideration of the cMBP. It seems like you've all but ruled it out at this point, but if you don't mind it's more bulky body and the lower resolution display it should be able to do you fine. The base 13" currently sits at $999 with education pricing. Plus you can easily swap the HDD out for an SSD, or just put one in the optical drive bay; then there's the possibility of upgrading to 16GB of RAM in the future. Plus, for the current generation comparison of rMBP vs cMBP, the HD 4000 iGPU would be able to make the performance of the machine seem better in the cMBP because it doesn't have to push nearly as many pixels as the rMBP (4 times less in fact).

I'm in a similar predicament as you and my mind is scattered to all three of these lovely machines.

skimmilk13
Jul 14, 2013, 06:54 PM
About gaming performance for the i5 vs i7 on the air. I pulled this from one of the other threads on the MBA forums. Since I noticed you wanted a fairly decent LoL experience I thought it might be of use to you. It seems he has the 11" air because of the resolution being 1366x768 instead of the 1440x900 on the 13"

Also, given the prediction for what the new rMBP chips might bring in terms of the iGPU, you can bet that the HD 5100 Iris graphics will beat out the HD 5000 on the air any day of the week; even with the extra pixels it'll push.

One other thing to take into consideration is that if you ended up picking a new computer out before they refresh the MBPs, there is always the consideration of the cMBP. It seems like you've all but ruled it out at this point, but if you don't mind it's more bulky body and the lower resolution display it should be able to do you fine. The base 13" currently sits at $999 with education pricing. Plus you can easily swap the HDD out for an SSD, or just put one in the optical drive bay; then there's the possibility of upgrading to 16GB of RAM in the future. Plus, for the current generation comparison of rMBP vs cMBP, the HD 4000 iGPU would be able to make the performance of the machine seem better in the cMBP because it doesn't have to push nearly as many pixels as the rMBP (4 times less in fact).

I'm in a similar predicament as you and my mind is scattered to all three of these lovely machines.

Thanks for the little tidbit on LoL!
I haven't necessarily ruled out the cMBP, but there are several factors dragging it down. It possibly may be the last regular Pro, as there are rumors that Apple might stop updating that line. Plus the bulk isn't doing much for it.
My only wish is for Apple to release the new line of rMBPs and the Maverick OS late August, early September. Looking at it from a sales perspective, that should be the ideal time to release it. Unless Apple wants the squeeze a few dollars on the old rMBP models. :confused:

MBA13"
Jul 14, 2013, 07:56 PM
Nothing beats MBA in terms of portability and price, and the cMBP is looking a lot like a dinosaur these days. :cool: