PDA

View Full Version : Poster child for the urge of the latest shiny Apple product

jeffg819
Jul 3, 2013, 08:08 PM
I am a very happy owner of a 15" rMPB. What a great machine for my needs.

So why is it I look at the new MBAs and lust after the latest, greatest version of this machine?

Of course this is really nothing new. I've bounced back and forth between the Air and the larger laptop a couple of times. This time I'm sticking with the rMBP. Really, I am... Nothing going to change my mind...

Damn you Apple.

PDFierro
Jul 3, 2013, 08:23 PM
I know what you mean. The Air just has all the new technology that we can't wait to have in the rMBP.

Pharmscott
Jul 3, 2013, 08:44 PM
I switched from a MBA to a rMBP and it would take something revolutionary to get me to switch back. Sure, the rMBP is a tad bigger/heavier. But the screen gains (size plus resolution) along with the performance boost is topped off with an overall more solid feel. I couldn't be more satisfied!

NewbieCanada
Jul 3, 2013, 08:48 PM
I switched from a MBA to a rMBP and it would take something revolutionary to get me to switch back. Sure, the rMBP is a tad bigger/heavier. But the screen gains (size plus resolution) along with the performance boost is topped off with an overall more solid feel. I couldn't be more satisfied!

Except the Air'd SSD is faster, making it a faster performer under most circumstances.

Pharmscott
Jul 3, 2013, 08:57 PM
Yes, total throughput on the newest MBA is greater than the rMBP. I doubt very much that this translates to a significant difference in real world use, especially for something like coding video. But true statement!

thelookingglass
Jul 3, 2013, 09:26 PM
OP, happens to the best of us. Here I am with a fantastic 2013 MBA, but I'm still thinking about the Haswell 13" rMBP due out hopefully later this year.

It's a disease, I tell ya.