PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air 2013 Lid not closing properly!

Wildastronomy
Jul 4, 2013, 11:28 AM
Hi guys. Recently bought a Mac Air from local apple retail store. After a few days of use. I found that there is a about 1mm gap on the left front corner between the lid and the body when close. But not sure if i should return it since i have seen scratches , , dead pixel... etc the day i buy it. Should i get a replacement?
Thz guys

HiDEF
Jul 4, 2013, 11:29 AM
I say yes.

Mrbobb
Jul 4, 2013, 01:01 PM
Do u mean that particular corner has an extra mm more than the rest of the lid?

coldjeanzzz
Jul 4, 2013, 01:03 PM
That looks normal to me

HiDEF
Jul 4, 2013, 01:20 PM
theres a gap in the left corner where the rubber is supposed to sit flat. Play it safe and exchange it.

Wildastronomy
Jul 4, 2013, 01:45 PM
Do u mean that particular corner has an extra mm more than the rest of the lid?

yup the left front corner

falconeight
Jul 4, 2013, 02:30 PM
I don't see it

filmbuff
Jul 4, 2013, 03:06 PM
That looks fine to me. Macbooks are slightly flexible - you'll notice it if you twist from opposite corners. Just put it on a desk and press than corner down if it bothers you.

dyn
Jul 4, 2013, 03:26 PM
That 1mm gap is intentional and is caused by the black rubber ring that is around the screen. I like it because it makes opening the MBA when in a stand a bit easier since I can do it from the side instead of the front.

dasFLO87
Jul 4, 2013, 03:31 PM
Is that normal? The lid doesn't close properly on the upper right and left side. There's a 1/2mm gap between the Unibody and black rubber band on the lid.

Watch the video:
MacBook Air 2013 Lid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRho2PrrCeU)

falconeight
Jul 4, 2013, 03:58 PM
Is that normal? The lid doesn't close properly on the upper right and left side. There's a 1/2mm gap between the Unibody and black rubber band on the lid.

Watch the video:
MacBook Air 2013 Lid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRho2PrrCeU)

Watching the video is a different story. Yes return it the lid is bent.