Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

U1cracka

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
I have a question. All these people that are buying Udid to used with iOS 7 betas how do you know that your Udid is actually registered as a developer.

There are tons of people selling Udid's how do people know they aren't just cons taking there money and saying your Udid is registered.

Also I AM NOT LOOKING to buy a Udid so please don't send me links or saying you can sell me one.

Last edited:

U1cracka

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
You wouldn't be able to install iOS7 if they haven't registered you, that's how you know.

I thought that the last 2 iOS 7 betas didn't need activation to install it. But newer betas might need activation and all these people would be stuck.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
You wouldn't be able to install iOS7 if they haven't registered you, that's how you know.

But that's the point exactly. You were able to install the first beta without being registered and it's no different with the second beta. Off it might change with coming betas...

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Exactly. So far, there's no need to have a dev account, to update to the beta. Something I'd have to assume Apple is aware of, and doing nothing to stop.

jonathan.c

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2013
Canada
But that's the point exactly. You were able to install the first beta without being registered and it's no different with the second beta. Off it might change with coming betas...

You don't need a paid developer account to install the beta. However, restoring and installing a clean version requires a registered UDID. That is what people are looking for, hassle free clean iOS 7 installs.

I tried just updating iOS 6 to iOS 7 and it was buggier than clean iOS 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
If you can restore using the beta and you don't get an error/activation message, it is registered...simple really

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I have a question. All these people that are buying Udid to used with iOS 7 betas how do you know that your Udid is actually registered as a developer.

There are tons of people selling Udid's how do people know they aren't just cons taking there money and saying your Udid is registered.

Also I AM NOT LOOKING to buy a Udid so please don't send me links or saying you can sell me one.

I have a question.

Why do you care? I've never seen the amount of butt hurt surrounding a beta release as I have iOS 7. You don't want registered developers to let others use one of the ONE HUNDRED slots they have available? Tough luck. It's not up to you.

Jeez.

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS 7

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I thought that the last 2 iOS 7 betas didn't need activation to install it. But newer betas might need activation and all these people would be stuck.

You don't need it activated to update but to restore to iOS 7, you need an activated UDID. This has been the case since iOS 5 and possibly before so I don't think Apple will suddenly do a UDID check.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Oh, jeez! This is like the time when the scalper tickets I overpaid for ended up being counterfeit. Why do bad things happen to such good, genuine people? :rolleyes:

Virginaustralia

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
Mine worked so now i dont need to worry about any security implementations in the coming betas :D its for people who dont want to be a developer but want to test out the new software

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Mine worked so now i dont need to worry about any security implementations in the coming betas :D its for people who dont want to be a developer but want to test out the new software

It's also for people who are quick to waste money on something you can do for free with half a minute of research.

Virginaustralia

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
It's also for people who are quick to waste money on something you can do for free with half a minute of research.

i dont want to be worried about that i knew about the free way but if they make security changes a lot of people will be stuffed

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
i dont want to be worried about that i knew about the free way but if they make security changes a lot of people will be stuffed

And if your seller registers enough UDIDs to spike Apple's interest, you'll be "stuffed". Seems about as likely as a policy shift.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.