Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatLip

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
on da moon
Hi

I have about 4 email accounts set up in my Mail app, been using these 4 accounts for over 5 years now, they belong to me and the kids, we rather share one user and stay simple,

suddenly today, out of left field i am asked for my password, over and over and over, i deleted the account, re set it up in the mail accounts via its preferences, nothing has changed, i tested the password in both Safari and Firefox, all works fine, even our iPhones have the same exact set up and all the emails arrived fine, no problemo,

I am looking all over the net to find out how or why this took place, in fact i was the only person using the computer for the last few weeks, the kids have their iphones and actually did not come near it while going to school, so nothing was changed over the last few weeks to of caused this, not even a update,

would love to know if anyone else had this happen to them or how i can solve it, every time i re create a gmail account i get the same exact errors:

The Google IMAP server “imap.gmail.com” rejected the password for user “user@gmail.com”

Enter your password again or cancel.

iMac 27 i7 12gb ram, 100gb free,
iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), iMac 27" i7, 12GB, 1TB HD, 1GB Vram

JimLLLLL

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2013
Google's 2-step verification doesn't work with iphone

it completely disables Gmail. I had the same prob, I turned it off under settings and it fixed it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.