Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B-G

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
It turns out that iWork for iCloud beta works on powerpc.
This is in Safari on Leopard, with Leopard Webkit 536.26.8 installed as system default.
I only tried it with Pages and Numbers, but I can report that it works as it should, with a couple of little problems:
1) The scrollbars are Mountain Lion style, i.e. they disappear when not in use. You'll need a mouse with a scrollwheel.
2) On the eMac in my signature it is S-L-O-W.

To access iWork for iCloud beta, go to https://beta.icloud.com/ and sign in using the Apple ID associated with a Registered Apple Developer account (if you have ever downloaded XCode from Apple servers you should already have that).

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
It turns out that iWork for iCloud beta works on powerpc.
This is in Safari on Leopard, with Leopard Webkit 536.26.8 installed as system default.
I only tried it with Pages and Numbers, but I can report that it works as it should, with a couple of little problems:
1) The scrollbars are Mountain Lion style, i.e. they disappear when not in use. You'll need a mouse with a scrollwheel.
2) On the eMac in my signature it is S-L-O-W.

To access iWork for iCloud beta, go to https://beta.icloud.com/ and sign in using the Apple ID associated with a Registered Apple Developer account (if you have ever downloaded XCode from Apple servers you should already have that).

So this is without Leopard Webkit? I tried w/ Leopard Webkit, said it couldn't connect to the server.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Works nice on my iMac G4. Now I don't have to use Google Docs. :D I'm using plain-o Safari.

EDIT: Fun times. I was going to put the most horrible rainbow in the background, but lucky for you, Pages still doesn't support backgrounds and I can't arrange things backwards/forwards. :rolleyes:

Picture%201.png

Last edited:

theclassicmac

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
Works alright on my PBG4 12. It's a little slow on the uptake when typing/selecting/editing in pages however. Nice to have and use for now though; will have to see how much Apple is going to charge for this product moving forward.

B-G

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
More testing,

Omniweb: iCloud complains that the browser is not fully supported, but it seems to work. It is painfully slow, though. Unusable.

TenFourFox: same as Omniweb, but a bit faster (still slower than Safari, though). I had to disable NoScripts (simply allowing icloud did not work).

iCab (with L-W 536.26.8 as system default): not supported.

Fluid (with L-W 536.26.8 as system default): a website specific browser created with Fluid did not work (not supported).

Iceweasel 17 (on Debian Wheezy): similar to TenFourFox, but here you will see a lot of artefacts on your documents.

Luakit (on Debian Wheezy): not supported.

Could anyone try this in Safari, TFF and Omniweb on Tiger?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.