Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkRyoushii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Has anyone else found that when browsing either their photo streams, contacts or most commonly a web page that the control centre will appear more often than you'd expect? I'm noticing it more and more but not sure how to give my feedback for a 'bug' related to UX.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Not for me...maybe you're swiping too low from the screen to where your finger is off the device? It registers as a swipe off the device motion (similarly to how notification center on the mac works, where it only pops up if you start the swipe off of the trackpad)

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
It needs a 'tab' just like Notification Center does, so that even if you make an accidental swipe it won't open Control Center.

Speaking of the 'tab', why is it so translucent? Sometimes I can barely see it!

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
Has anyone else found that when browsing either their photo streams, contacts or most commonly a web page that the control centre will appear more often than you'd expect? I'm noticing it more and more but not sure how to give my feedback for a 'bug' related to UX.

Yeah it happens to me a lot, especially with games that require swiping or zooming in or out; for example, Angry Birds. Almost everytime that I try to zoom in and out I find my thumb accidentally bringing up the control center because when I pinch to zoom my thumb is always on the bottom of the screen.

Xeyad

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012

YES, it's been bugging me all the time. However, I noticed that Control Center comes in the way more often on the smaller iPhone 4S screen than the taller screen of the iPhone 5 and iPod Touch.

I really have a hard time scrolling through my Instagram or Facebook feed on the 4S. And try a game like Fruit Ninja, it comes out even more.

Instead of all this mess, Apple should've combined the 'centers' into 1 center that has a 'Today' tab, a 'Notifications' tab, and a 'Controls' tab. The current 'Missed' tab is completely useless and redundant, and Control Center is too cluttered in its current state.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Happens a lot to me playing certain games...for example Limbo. I don't even swipe up close to the edge and it still pops up sometimes.

8a22a

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
It needs a 'tab' just like Notification Center does, so that even if you make an accidental swipe it won't open Control Center.

Speaking of the 'tab', why is it so translucent? Sometimes I can barely see it!

Control Center swipes exactly the same as Notification Center.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Yes in games where you swipe up, for example subway surfers or running with friends. I swipe up to jump, and it pauses the game and brings up the notification center. Seems like someone at Apple didn't think this through enough. As alot of these games seem to interfere with the control center notification bar.

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
Took my iPhone 5 out of the Otterbox case and had the same issue of activating the Control Center. In the case and I have trouble getting it to activate when I want to. Cant win lol

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Might still be calibrated before the final release to not be activated so easily.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It has happened to me a number of times. I've been typing, browsing, or just looking at photos. I don't know if I swiped up or not, but in the cases of typing, I know I have not. It is odd.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
The only time it's really bugged me was with running with friends. Games need to have option to switch control center off so it doesn't pop up while playing the game.

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
Control Center swipes exactly the same as Notification Center.

Only now in beta 3 does it have a pull 'tab'. In beta 1 and 2 it didn't have one in status bar-less apps, unlike NC which did. The CC would come up on first swipe, whereas NC would come up in two (tab appeared then NC).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.