Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeltaFlyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
:mad:
Just got a replacement for my Macbook Air. Last time it was a loose hinge problem.

This time it look like I got the Dead pixels problems.

Please see the attached files. They are some 2 dot (each side have 2 dots total for 4 dots) that appeared to be always white in the corner of both side of the screen.

I boost my brightness to max and use black colour picture with Preview in full screen.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 191
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    561.6 KB · Views: 128

anzhu

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
Are you using Safari and Jason Farrell dead pixel test website? I would use another website and use Chrome to check again. I have the exact same things with the two corners of my macbook air, macbook pro, and rmbp.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
Try setting your desktop wallpaper to black and see if the same thing happens.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
:mad:
Just got a replacement for my Macbook Air. Last time it was a loose hinge problem.

This time it look like I got the Dead pixels problems.

Please see the attached files. They are some 2 dot (each side have 2 dots total for 4 dots) that appeared to be always white in the corner of both side of the screen.

I boost my brightness to max and use black colour picture with Preview in full screen.

Thanks for any advice.

as far as dead pixels go, that's pretty much the ideal place for one...but yeah - i would try and return it. if they give you a hard time tell them you're on your second one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.