Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psymas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Denmark
I have installed the 64-bit version of Windows 7, installed steam since I want to play a windows game called Company of Heroes 2.

When I start the game via the shortcut on the desktop (created by steam) then I get this error message:

"Graphics setup: failed to find a supported hardware rendering device. Ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for Company of Heroes 2. Verify that directX is properly installed and that you have the latest drivers for your system."

Then I look in the device manager under display adapters. I see that I only have a standard VGA graphics adapter installed.

Next I download the Bootcamp support files pack first version 5 and then version 4 - none of them will work. Error message:

"Boot Camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model"

I also tried to go to Nvidia's website and download the drivers directly for my
GeForce 9600M GT (I have a Macbook Pro 17" from 2009) - no luck with that either, error message:

"NVIDIA graphics Driver
Version 320.49

checking system compatibility

NVIDIA installer cannot continue
This graphics driver could not fin compatible graphics hardware"

I have no clue about where to go now? I hope there is a way out of this windows mess, now I remember why I switched over to mac :)

By the way, I noticed that there was a few other hardware issues in the device manager:

Other devices:

Built-in iSight - not working
Coprocessor - not working

I guess it all have to do with the failed installation of the Bottcamp support files

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.