Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Kind of new to ATV. I bought or rented a couple of movies/TV shows on ATV and a couple on iTunes. I can see the ones I bought on iTunes under Computer on ATV but not on my iPad. However in iTunes I don't see the ones paid for on my ATV. Why aren't they available in iTunes?

Why aren't they just available on all signed in devices or am I missing something?

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Can you watch content (movies/TV) on you Mac (iTunes) bought on your ATV?

If no then doesn't that mean you should ALWAYS buy on iTunes and never on ATV?

If Yes they how?

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
make sure you are signed into your itunes account, and you should see purchased history.

On the AppleTV, the purchased videos will need be to hosted somewhere for the computers section to see them. make sure on your Mac/PC that you download the content you purchased then it will show there.

When you select TV Shows or Movies in the AppleTV you will see a list of current releases and ones you have purchased.

same thing with the iPad. as long as you have automatic downloads turned on in Itunes > Preferences to enable automatic download of music, movies, tv shows, books, apps, etc then it all should sync wonderfully.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Kind of new to ATV. I bought or rented a couple of movies/TV shows on ATV and a couple on iTunes. I can see the ones I bought on iTunes under Computer on ATV but not on my iPad. However in iTunes I don't see the ones paid for on my ATV. Why aren't they available in iTunes?

Why aren't they just available on all signed in devices or am I missing something?

Rentals initiated on an Apple TV, iPad, iPod, or iPhone are only visible on the device that you rented them on. If you initiate the rental on a computer in iTunes, you can then transfer the rental to a different device. See "Can I play my rental on more than one device?" in this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1657

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.