Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suminub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
Hey guys

I installed the beta 2 today on my 4S and was playing around with the fone pretty much on wifi most of the time.

iOS 7 does allow you to track cellular data usage per app and it showed me approx 10MB of usage which isnt a lot but 6 out of the 10 was for system services. If I dig in, a majority of that was for "documents and sync"

My guess is that it means synching app documents/data to iCloud.
I faintly remember a setting (toggle switch) in iOS 6 which allowed you to disable using cellular data for iCloud documents & data. It was under "Settings> iCloud>Documents & Data but I dont see that setting now.

There is a setting under Settings > Cellular > iCloud Documents which is disabled for me.
No idea what other "documents" is using cellular data.

any one else seeing this?

thanks

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Does the iCloud Document and Data sync only sync games progress to other devices or does it do other stuff?

suminub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
turn off background app refresh and background app updates. There.

Thanks. I did realize that one of my app was automatically updated and hv since disabled the auto-update. Lets see if that helps. Will keep the forum updated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.