PDA

View Full Version : replacing sky with apple tv

boylost
Jul 8, 2013, 08:16 AM
I have sky tv multi room and am considering dropping it and moving to apple tv.
At present we have a multi room arrangement that allows us to watch one program on one set and a different program on the other. Is this possible with apple tv?

JoolsG4
Jul 8, 2013, 09:41 AM
If you connect a second AppleTV to the second TV set, you can watch whatever you want on it. They are independent devices although can be tied to the same iTunes Store account for purchases and rentals.

You'd also have to check that your internet connection is fast enough to support streaming to both devices at the same time.

Bear in mind though that AppleTV is a streaming service - it doesn't receive broadcast TV programmes like Sky does. You don't tune-in to specific channels to watch specific programmes. Everything is on-demand (except for the occasional Apple special event which is streamed live).

YanniDepp
Jul 8, 2013, 10:26 AM
You need an Apple TV for each TV. Apart from that, you can watch different things from your Apple account on both at the same time. You can even watch two different things on Netflix at the same time.

I have an Apple TV in the living room and a Roku in the bedroom. I recommend both devices.