PDA

View Full Version : 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD in Apple Store

sinser
Jul 8, 2013, 06:01 PM
Do Apple Stores sell the configuration in the thread title ? Sure, I could check but the Apple Store is pretty far away from where I live. Thanks ?

simsaladimbamba
Jul 8, 2013, 06:05 PM
You could give them a call? (http://www.apple.com/retail/)

sinser
Jul 8, 2013, 06:09 PM
You could give them a call? (http://www.apple.com/retail/)

Sure, I will do tomorrow. I was just curious and impatient and it's 1 AM here in Italy so no call right now :)

larry918
Jul 8, 2013, 06:25 PM
I think you'd be better off ordering online, as stores usually just sell the base model and the ultimate i7/8gb/512 model. However, I could be wrong. My dad did get me the 8gb 256 in hk:)

manini
Jul 8, 2013, 07:22 PM
I know in Southern California, they only sell the base models and the ultimate as mentioned above, but it never hurts to call :) It's possible that somebody ordered one and cancelled the order or something and they never sent it back or something along those lines...

anonnymouse
Jul 8, 2013, 07:40 PM
Do Apple Stores sell the configuration in the thread title ? Sure, I could check but the Apple Store is pretty far away from where I live. Thanks ?

My store sells three configurations: good, better, best. The "best" model is a Z part number (configure to order) but pre-configured with the top of the line options as mentioned in other responses in this thread, and stocked at Apple Retail. The "best" configuration is created online by clicking the "better" specs model (or the one on the right in the screenshot), and upping the processor, RAM, and storage. (If I'm not mistaken, some of the laptops that have this "best" model availability in store use regular ME / MD etc. part numbers, but I can't remember at the moment which ones those are).

The "better" version is 1.3 i5/4/256, so to specifically answer your question, no. If you want 8GB RAM, you either buy the "best" in the store, or do a CTO (configure to order) on the Apple Online Store.

ZBoater
Jul 8, 2013, 08:07 PM
They sometimes have stock even though it says online they don't. I just picked up a 13" ultimate from the Tampa store. Online it said they'd have to ship it. I decided to go on over and ask, it has happened to me twice.