PDA

View Full Version : Can someone answer a few Apple TV Questions For Me?

tawcat
Jul 8, 2013, 08:59 PM
My wife is contemplating dropping our U-Verse. She is talking about Hulu. I have no idea about any of it.

She has asked me, so I am asking you. We have a flat screen internet ready TV, but it's not tied into internet yet. Not sure how to do that.

Not sure how Apple TV works, is there a charge other than buying the hardware? Is there a better way?

Thanks so much for any and all info you can provide.

SandboxGeneral
Jul 8, 2013, 09:12 PM
The Apple TV itself is a one-time purchase. Any services you choose to subscribe to, such as Hulu, Netflix, MLB, NHL etc... can be viewed via the ATV or any other device you own that hosts those services.

tawcat
Jul 8, 2013, 09:48 PM
The Apple TV itself is a one-time purchase. Any services you choose to subscribe to, such as Hulu, Netflix, MLB, NHL etc... can be viewed via the ATV or any other device you own that hosts those services.

Thank you.

MacLovin78
Jul 8, 2013, 10:26 PM
I just got rid of cable myself. I have gone with the Apple TV instead of using my ps3 because I really appreciate the simplicity and the ecosystem. I have Hulu plus and Netflix which are both around $8 a month. I also use HBO Go on ATV and then stream Showtime Anywhere and TNT over my older MacBook Pro using air parrot. I haven't really missed cable yet but it is the summer and NFL hasn't started yet. I plan on getting an hd antennae for football season. I can say that we have started watching some shows we never did before now that we don't have 100 channels to choose from. Keep in mind for most of the apps like espn and HBO you have to have a cable account to use them. I just use my parents who have all the channels. Good luck!