PDA

View Full Version : Remixing in GarageBand

joninamarie
Jul 9, 2013, 02:27 AM
I'm new to the garageband world... but would like to take my first steps into remixing. I was curious if it is at all possible to separate an imported song from itunes into it's separate audio samples? I would like to only use the vocals from a certain track, but could not figure if there was a way to divide up a previously recorded track into it's different components.

bwhli
Jul 11, 2013, 01:24 AM
I'm new to the garageband world... but would like to take my first steps into remixing. I was curious if it is at all possible to separate an imported song from itunes into it's separate audio samples? I would like to only use the vocals from a certain track, but could not figure if there was a way to divide up a previously recorded track into it's different components.

There's no way to pick out each instrument or vocal line in a recording that's already mastered. What you can do is search for "stems" on Google. These are essentially songs that haven't been bounced down into a final track. You'll be able to import each track into a DAW and remix to your liking.