Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yogeewan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Every application seems to have this unresponsive period on the keyboard for me. Even apps like contacts / mail suddenly become absolutely unresponsive, after about 4-5 characters entered.

It is making an in-house app very difficult to test on beta 3. k/b was perfect on beta 2.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

ZeeDD

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
Confirmed on iPhone 4S 16go. New keyboard has a impact on display performances too. It makes the screen display slow and laggy.

I did a test in message.app, and waking up the phone with keyboard displayed, makes it very slow to display the message.app screen.

rajravat

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
i've had this problem on my 4S since beta 2, only way to get rid of it is to disable icloud, very annoying bug!

ZeeDD

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
i've had this problem on my 4S since beta 2, only way to get rid of it is to disable icloud, very annoying bug!

Hi rajravat,

Can you explain me how to disable icloud ? I don't undersantd what you mean

Thanks.

rajravat

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
If you go into settings > general > icloud, and then click delete icloud account at the bottom

ZeeDD

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
If you go into settings > general > icloud, and then click delete icloud account at the bottom

OK, that's what I did, but it doesn't solve my problem. Message.app display is still lagging when keyboard is displayed on screen.

yogeewan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Think solved?

Sorry, I didnt mention any specs, it is an iphone 5 GSM (international).

I do not seem to have it anymore, am putting in exactly what I did, have no clue if it is the right solution.

1. Did a hard reboot (holding sleep and home button until apple appeared)
2. Reset all settings.
3. Did a regular shutdown / restart.
4. Reset all settings again.
5. Did a regular shutdown / restart.
6. Changed the usual stuff except the wallpaper settings which I left as default. (usual stuff includes turning off background app refresh and automatic updates, and show all music and videos). Did not touch the parallax setting as well. left it on.

So far so good!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.