PDA

View Full Version : Airport Slowness??

TaKashMoney
Nov 10, 2005, 07:39 PM
I have a new ibook with 1gig of ram. Recently, I have been experiencing slowness with the internet although my airport reads full service (all 4 bars). Ive heard the issue with 1.5 gigs of ram, but not 1. I have not received any kernel panics or slow cursor. Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks in advance for your responses

mad jew
Nov 10, 2005, 07:52 PM
Is it a single browser that's being slow or the entire computer's connection? Also, do other computers still connect at full speed to your internet connection? Does your iBook act slowly on other internet connections? :)

TaKashMoney
Nov 10, 2005, 08:10 PM
Both Safari and Firefox act slowly. This slowness is only evident periodically, and internet speed resumes shortly after (lasts about 15 minutes). I havent checked other computers on the same connection though. And its happened on several different connections i.e. my own wireless, my girlfriend's and the university's.

mad jew
Nov 10, 2005, 09:29 PM
Could it be another app using your connection for a while? Something like bit-torrent or Mail (unlikely) or something? You can use Activity Monitor in the Utilities folder to check networking speeds in either packets or KB/sec. :)