Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guess the month

• Total voters

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
So, first off don't get mad at me, this is more like a hypothetical guess thread. Basically, Iook at the thread this way: I want to see who is more accurate when Mavs comes out.

So all we know it's coming out in the fall which as you know is Sept-Nov. With that road map in mind, let me hear your predictions.

Mine is early October.

Last edited:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I'm going mid/late October.

If I had to guess, it will be announced for release at Apple's Q4 Earning Report and released the following day.

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
It is going to be mid/late September. I believe Apple will introduce the following at the event:

1) iMac
2) MacBook Pro
3) OS X
4) iWork
5) Mac Pro

and maybe iOS but I think it is more likely they wait another month and release it with iPad/iPhone/iPods/Mini

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
It is going to be mid/late September. I believe Apple will introduce the following at the event:

1) iMac
2) MacBook Pro
3) OS X
4) iWork
5) Mac Pro

and maybe iOS but I think it is more likely they wait another month and release it with iPad/iPhone/iPods/Mini

and no Mac Mini??? :apple:

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I'm going mid/late October.

If I had to guess, it will be announced for release at Apple's Q4 Earning Report and released the following day.

Yup. I think the likely time frame for release is mid Oct to Mid Nov.

Earnings report is last week of Nov, so probably then.

andeify

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
UK
September, the iOS and iPhone/iPad event

October, the Mac and OS X event

just like last year

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
So all we know it's coming out in the fall which as you know Is Sept-Dec.

Erm, Fall in Northern Hemisphere is actually just Sep/Oct/Nov. Dec/Jan/Feb (Winter), Mar/Apr/May (Spring), Jun/Jul/Aug (Summer).

I've had this debate on Wikipedia with idiots trying to edit "Fall (Northern Hemisphere) / Spring (Southern Hemisphere)" —as Apple advertise it on their own websites depending on region— into the entirely wrong "Q3–Q4", which is a SIX month period of time, and also entirely not 'seasonal based' but 'financial based' so is incorrect.

Yes, pedantic, but these things should at least be correct on there as per Apple's usage, and not the made-up thoughts of some newbie wiki users. :rolleyes:

...and I'd say:

Mid-Sep:
- announce OS X Mav release date, then release early Nov.
- announce new Mac's (spec upgrades only this year: haswell/.ac wifi/1TB max SSD in MBP), ship early Nov.

Mid-Oct:
- announce iOS 7 release date, then release two weeks later.
- announce new iDevices (phone/pad ONLY: 16GB touch was only recently updated to 5th gen for same compatibility as bigger models for iOS 7 readiness), with pre-orders the following week, shipping the next week (same day as iOS 7 released).

Similar to last year.

Last edited:

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Apple has publicly stated fall '13 as the release date and fall officially starts on September 22, 2013.

Aside from application compatibility issues and issues with some of the apps (most notably Mail), Mavericks is by far more stable than iOS 7. So I am willing to venture early fall as likely release date, early October.

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
Apple has publicly stated fall '13 as the release date and fall officially starts on September 22, 2013.

Yes, if you want to be super-accurate by exact astronomical occurrence, but by tradition due to humans using the cold/warm temps to denote seasons historically, the months of Fall in N.Hem are simplified to be known as Sep/Oct/Nov.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autumn
Meteorologists (and most of the temperate countries in the southern hemisphere) use a definition based on months, with autumn being September, October and November in the northern hemisphere, and March, April and May in the southern hemisphere.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.