Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
They still haven't fixed the bug that mistakenly (sometimes) syntax-colors everything from where you're editing all the way down the page. That's been there since 1.0! There's also a new bug from 2.1 where I'll get a big blank frame at the top of my window occasionally until I manually resize it.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
HiRez said:
They still haven't fixed the bug that mistakenly (sometimes) syntax-colors everything from where you're editing all the way down the page. That's been there since 1.0!
Do you mean it colors the rest of the text the same color? I get that problem often, especially when working with comments in code. To fix it I just select all text and it corrects itself.

macbaseball said:
It's taking me forever to download. Anyone else having problems with Apple's Servers.
It took me a while to download, but eventually finished :)

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
kainjow said:
Do you mean it colors the rest of the text the same color? I get that problem often, especially when working with comments in code. To fix it I just select all text and it corrects itself.
Yeah, that's the one, and I can fix it the same way. The text is actually fine, it's just a display problem, but seriously, I remember that bug being there in Xcode 1.0 and every version since, kinda weird they haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
HiRez said:
They still haven't fixed the bug that mistakenly (sometimes) syntax-colors everything from where you're editing all the way down the page. That's been there since 1.0! There's also a new bug from 2.1 where I'll get a big blank frame at the top of my window occasionally until I manually resize it.

yes, that has been the subject of a lot of swearing on my part.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
macbaseball said:
It's taking me forever to download. Anyone else having problems with Apple's Servers.

It downloaded pretty fast for me (approx 600kps) but the first download would not mount so I had to download a second time :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.