PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake Crashes

IsabellaRM
Jul 14, 2013, 03:10 AM
Hi

I want to rip my DVD's to my mac so I can see DVD's everywhere without having the actual DVD with me, ex. if I am on vacation.

I only want the actual movie with danish subtitles, not all the extra material and so on

I found this program, Handbrake, and have read on several websites that I need VLC player, so I have also installed that. They are both installed in 64-bit versions, because I have read that they need to be the same

My problem is when I want to rip a DVD, in this case it's Black Swan, it shuts down when it has finished with around 3%

I don't know what I am doing wrong because it does the same with other of my DVD's. So I hope that you guys can help me

Isabella :)

T'hain Esh Kelch
Jul 14, 2013, 03:32 AM
Post the crash log.

IsabellaRM
Jul 14, 2013, 03:36 AM
What do you mean by crash log? :)
If i think it is what you mean, then it just says that Handbrake closed abrupt

Isabella

FreakinEurekan
Jul 14, 2013, 08:11 AM
Best read this post on the Handbrake forum, and post the issue there as shown (assuming the FAQ links and a search don't help). They have a terrific forum with a lot of helpful people.

https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2741

mic j
Jul 14, 2013, 08:18 AM
Hi

I want to rip my DVD's to my mac so I can see DVD's everywhere without having the actual DVD with me, ex. if I am on vacation.

I only want the actual movie with danish subtitles, not all the extra material and so on

I found this program, Handbrake, and have read on several websites that I need VLC player, so I have also installed that. They are both installed in 64-bit versions, because I have read that they need to be the same

My problem is when I want to rip a DVD, in this case it's Black Swan, it shuts down when it has finished with around 3%

I don't know what I am doing wrong because it does the same with other of my DVD's. So I hope that you guys can help me

Isabella :)
As a place to start, VLC no longer provides the libraries needed for HB to decrypt dvd's. They have to be downloaded directly. After doing that, if you still have the crashing problem, I would do as the others suggest and post a crash log at the HB forum.

Link: http://lifehacker.com/5888078/vlc-20-breaks-handbrake-dvd-ripping-heres-how-to-fix-it