PDA

View Full Version : ML Text Edit: No Save As

doubledee
Jul 14, 2013, 05:19 PM
Setting up my new cMBP and discovered that TextEdit no longer has a "Save As" option... WTF?!

Is there a way to hack things so I can have both "Save" and "Save As" for menu options?

Sincerely,

Debbie

Hildron101010
Jul 14, 2013, 06:14 PM
Hi,
Try holding down the option key while having the File menu open. Your Duplicate command will turn into Save As.

Hope this helps.

doubledee
Jul 14, 2013, 06:24 PM
Hi,
Try holding down the option key while having the File menu open. Your Duplicate command will turn into Save As.

Hope this helps.

Is there a way to re-map things so Command + Shift + S gives me File > Save As??

Debbie

Hildron101010
Jul 14, 2013, 06:27 PM
Is there a way to re-map things so Command + Shift + S gives me File > Save As??

Debbie

Try going into System Prefs > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Application Shortcuts

The click the (+) button and select the application TextEdit. "Save As..." is your command, and Shift+CMD+S is your shortcut. This will remap it for you.

Check the image below

http://thecomputerclan.com/off_site_downloads/Screen%20Shot%202013-07-14%20at%206.27.03%20PM.png

Hope this helps!

doubledee
Jul 14, 2013, 06:33 PM
Try going into System Prefs > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Application Shortcuts

The click the (+) button and select the application TextEdit. "Save As..." is your command, and Shift+CMD+S is your shortcut. This will remap it for you.

Check the image below

Hope this helps!

Perfect!!!

Thanks,

Debbie

P.S. In retrospect, I knew this, but haven't done it since I got my first Mac 5 years ago!! :eek: