Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dingdongbubble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
I'm thinking of getting an Apple TV for someone in the UAE. I could get it from Canada or buy one from the UAE itself, both same price. I want to be able to access iTunes Canada in either case since I have a Canadian credit card and I expect the iTunes offerings from Canada to be much better. So here are some questions:

1. If I buy the Apple TV from Canada, will I be able to stream rented or bought (from my Canadian credit card) movies/TV shows in the UAE or will they hit those region restrictions that show up if you try Netflix in any other country than intended.

2. If I buy the Apple TV from the UAE, will I be able to select Canada as my country so that I can access the Canadian iTunes store?

3. Does the Apple TV in general support 220v power?

Toubro

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2013
I'm thinking of getting an Apple TV for someone in the UAE. I could get it from Canada or buy one from the UAE itself, both same price. I want to be able to access iTunes Canada in either case since I have a Canadian credit card and I expect the iTunes offerings from Canada to be much better. So here are some questions:

1. If I buy the Apple TV from Canada, will I be able to stream rented or bought (from my Canadian credit card) movies/TV shows in the UAE or will they hit those region restrictions that show up if you try Netflix in any other country than intended.

2. If I buy the Apple TV from the UAE, will I be able to select Canada as my country so that I can access the Canadian iTunes store?

3. Does the Apple TV in general support 220v power?

1. As long as the Apple ID used to log in is Canadian and the Country is set to Canada, this will work fine. I do this with an American account in Denmark.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, it supports 110V - 240V.

dingdongbubble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
Thanks for the reply. So for all intents and purposes there's no difference between buying in either country?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.