Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meashish

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2013
India
Hii, frnds :) can you tell about ios 6.1.3 bugs ?
iPhone - iPad unable to connect with Bluetooth both have same 6.1.3
is its bug of ios 6.1.3

FoxFifth

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
I have an iPhone 4 with 6.1.3 and have no problems using bluetooth to connect to my car and my wife's car.

meashish

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2013
India
Blutooth

thanks 4 ur reply
u using in car . i have problem with ipad to iphone connection
is it working with ur ipad or iphone Bluetooth connection ??:confused:

FoxFifth

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
I have never attempted to pair my iPhone and iPad via Bluetooth because the functionality that Apple supports between the two via Bluetooth is very limited. I believe tethering is supported but not sure what if anything else. The following discussion may help. I have not read the entire thread but the last post (by Babaikram on July 1, 2013) may help if you are tethering: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2403313?start=30&tstart=0

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hii, frnds :) can you tell about ios 6.1.3 bugs ?
iPhone - iPad unable to connect with Bluetooth both have same 6.1.3
is its bug of ios 6.1.3
There is no BT bug.

iOS only includes these Bluetooth Profiles.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3647

What are you trying to do? If it's something outside that list, it's not a bug, it's simply not an included feature.

There are apps that can give a little more flexibility.

meashish

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2013
India
ios to ios Bluetooth

thanks frnd
i already told i using just with ios device not others.
i connect iphone 4 with ipad 2 is possible okay...
its just keep search n search not get connect both have same ios 6.1.3
i don't know is it bug or really issue after update 6.1.3 so i post here ,want to know any one have same issue or not ? :)

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
thanks frnd
i already told i using just with ios device not others.
i connect iphone 4 with ipad 2 is possible okay...
its just keep search n search not get connect both have same ios 6.1.3
i don't know is it bug or really issue after update 6.1.3 so i post here ,want to know any one have same issue or not ? :)

iOS only includes these Bluetooth Profiles.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3647

What are you trying to do? If it's something outside that list, it's not a bug, it's simply not an included feature.

meashish

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2013
India
iPad2 with iPhone4

im trying to connect iphone4 with iPad2
its keep just search.. may it possible dear ?? :)

FoxFifth

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
The way it is designed by Apple the iPhone will only pair with another device via Bluetooth if it has a supported reason to pair. The supported reasons are shown in the link provided by Menel. I believe the only supported reason for iPhone to iPad pairing is tethering (i.e., sharing your iPhone cellular internet connection with your iPad).

If you don't answer the question that has been asked several times it will be hard to help you: Why are you trying to connect your iPhone to your iPad via Bluetooth? i.e. what do you intend to do over the bluetooth link once the two devices are paired?

If, for example, you are trying to pair the two devices in order to copy data (pictures or other files) from one to the other via Bluetooth, it will not do that as a standard feature.

Last edited:

meashish

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2013
India
thanks again , as u said for tethering this is right ......
before some month i tried connect iphone3gs with ipad mini that got work completely ipad access internet from 3gs.
now i try connect i4 with ipad2 want to know is it work or not . now i understood that u say pic .music not able to transfer so i post que.
Logitech Bluetooth mouse is support ipad mini or not ? just ask
thanks again

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
thanks again , as u said for tethering this is right ......
before some month i tried connect iphone3gs with ipad mini that got work completely ipad access internet from 3gs.
now i try connect i4 with ipad2 want to know is it work or not . now i understood that u say pic .music not able to transfer so i post que.
Logitech Bluetooth mouse is support ipad mini or not ? just ask
thanks again

For tethering, you have to activate mobile hotspot on your iPhone4.

Bluetooth mouse not supported.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.