Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmsait19

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
MO
Is anyone else experiencing this problem??

I don't remember exactly when this started, perhaps after 10.4.3, but it seems that my PowerBook doesn't go to sleep when the power adapter is connected anymore.

Now I have checked in the energy saver preferences for all of this. But what happens is I am at work and I check something on my computer and then I leave, only to come back and find my computer still awake. Because it is awake the whole time, and having to power the screen and do processes and stuff, it is also fairly warm.

Is anyone else having these problems??

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
That's strange. Make sure you are dealing with the settings under "Power Adaptor", although I'm sure you are. I've noticed some energy settings changes since installing Tiger that I'm not so happy about. My screen seems to dim after about 30 seconds now no matter what I set the display off setting on the slider, which is really annoying so I had to turn off the dimming aspect. My PowerBook now also appears to wake from sleep if closed when I reconnect the power cord, but then it settles down and sleeps again after a few seconds.

The only change that seems to have crept in for me since 10.4.3 specifically is that the whole system appears to hang for about 30 seconds occassionally when I minimise something (with genie effect suspended in animation halfway through and the dock, Finder and expose frozen during this time). I hope they fix some of these issues soon.

If you are continuing to have issues, send some feedback to Apple so it can be fixed.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
What sort of processes or apps are you running jmsait19? I've noticed the time before sleep has increased for me in 10.4.3 and if I have iTunes running (playing music or someone connected to my library) it won't sleep at all.

Oh, and clubbing it over the head can't hurt, as iDM says.. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.