Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wsarahan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Hi guys how are you?

Does someone have a problem with Wifi at iPhone 5 using the iOs 7 beta 3?

The problem is that it`s connected to a wifi network and it`s starts switching from Wifi to 3g a lot of times

An example, i`m at instagram it opens at wifi and after the app loads comes to 3g and after some seconds to wifi again and it`s weird, it`s happening a lot of times in very situations

Can be a hardware issue?

Thanks

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
This has happened to me in every beta, so far.

It's barely happened to me in the third beta. It's a beta bug.

wsarahan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Anyway, if more people with same issue please post here, more people that realize this better to find a way to solve

wsarahan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Isn't that the point of 'beta' testing?

Sure

I just asked because i wanted to know if it was some issue with my ISP or Router issue

But as i can see there is a couple of people with the same issue

mnbob1

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2013
Same Issue

I have the same issue. Sometimes it will lose the passcode for my network as well. I am on iOS beta 3 using an iPhone 4S. The biggest problem is that I won't notice that it dropped and use up some of my data plan.

richard6r

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2013
I think your referring to the new ios 7 feature which looks to see if the wifi has a Internet connection, if it doesn't it switches to 3G/LTE.

fabytmHD

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
Romania
I think your referring to the new ios 7 feature which looks to see if the wifi has a Internet connection, if it doesn't it switches to 3G/LTE.

Yes, this is actually a feature and Windows Phone has it too as far as I know.I tested by disconnecting from the internet on my router(my WiFi was still on and my iPhone connected) and my phone immediately switched to 3G.

Also, a few days ago, my ISP had some issues loading a bunch of pages and when I tried to access one of the pages that wasn't loading on my WiFi, the iPhone switched to 3G to load the page!

I think it's a great feature mostly because public WiFi's often don't work properly and having to turn off WiFi just to be able to access the internet is pointless when the 3G connection is available.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hi guys how are you?

Does someone have a problem with Wifi at iPhone 5 using the iOs 7 beta 3?

The problem is that it`s connected to a wifi network and it`s starts switching from Wifi to 3g a lot of times

An example, i`m at instagram it opens at wifi and after the app loads comes to 3g and after some seconds to wifi again and it`s weird, it`s happening a lot of times in very situations

Can be a hardware issue?

Thanks
It does it when I'm at work, on corporate wifi.

It's rock solid at home on my E3000/E2000 WDS w/ DDWRT
Also rock solid at my father's WDS setup of Airports.
Soild on 2Wire routers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.