Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkbane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
USA
Ballistic puts out some really awesome protective cases. The SG MAXX is a great rugged style case for the iPhone 5. It offers a great amount of protection that does not add too much extra bulk. There is a hard screen protector, outer polycarbonate shell and durable inner silicone skin

Installation is nice and easy but there are a few things to pay attention to. When installing the silicone skin over the screen protector there is a frame that fits inside of the silicone skin, make sure to plug the edge/slot into the respective fittings. After the hard shell is placed over the silicone layer, you have a triple layered protective case.

Corner protection is one of the signature features Ballistic is known for. This case is one of the best in the corner protection department! One of the best, if not the best case for corner protection! The look, feel and functionality is superb! This is one the best rugged cases I have reviewed for the iPhone 5.

To make things better Tmart.com offers the case for a great competitive price. There are some good color options. You can’t go wrong with this case if you want sleek, stylish, rugged protection for your iPhone 5.

9288229192_0a93804bc9.jpg
9288223576_100300c9d2.jpg

erieboyz

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2013
Hi I'm new to this forum as I had android for years. I was wondering how the screen protector is on this I your opinion?

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Sorry but your line "It offers a great amount of protection that does not add too much extra bulk." made me giggle a bit. Look at that thing..... all it adds is bulk!
Couldn't stand to have something like that on my phone but looks good for what it's supposed to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.