PDA

View Full Version : ATV Missing 'Movies' & 'TV Shows' + WatchESPN Down

SandboxGeneral
Jul 15, 2013, 05:39 PM
I just woke up my Apple TV 3 from when I put it to sleep last night and when it came on I watched the iTunes 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' icons disappear from the main screen.

I then went and woke up the Apple TV 2 in the other room and the same thing happened.

I restarted the ATV3, unplugged it for 15 minutes, plugged it back in, signed out of my iTunes account and back in, looked in Parental Controls (for the first time) and its not enabled, nor are the two items listed in there either.

Is anyone else seeing (or not seeing) this?

distemp
Jul 15, 2013, 05:48 PM
I just woke up my Apple TV 3 from when I put it to sleep last night and when it came on I watched the iTunes 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' icons disappear from the main screen.

I then went and woke up the Apple TV 2 in the other room and the same thing happened.

I restarted the ATV3, unplugged it for 15 minutes, plugged it back in, signed out of my iTunes account and back in, looked in Parental Controls (for the first time) and its not enabled, nor are the two items listed in there either.

Is anyone else seeing (or not seeing) this?

I'm seeing it too...glad it's not just me.

boccabella
Jul 15, 2013, 05:48 PM
WatchESPN is down for the count, too.

iOrbit
Jul 15, 2013, 05:50 PM
its not just apple tv, its the whole itunes store in the uk, try itunes store in itunes..

SandboxGeneral
Jul 15, 2013, 05:52 PM
its not just apple tv, its the whole itunes store in the uk, try itunes store in itunes..

The US iTunes Store is working for me. So far, Apple isn't reporting any system outages. http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

iOrbit
Jul 15, 2013, 05:57 PM
The US iTunes Store is working for me. So far, Apple isn't reporting any system outages. http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

just checked the itunes store in the UK again, and its working..

apple tv still missing apps.. so i restarted it again (tried this earlier, didnt work)

after restarting the apple tv, the apps have returned.

everyone should get them by after restarting.

SandboxGeneral
Jul 15, 2013, 06:00 PM
just checked the itunes store in the UK again, and its working..

apple tv still missing apps.. so i restarted it again (tried this earlier, didnt work)

after restarting the apple tv, the apps have returned.

everyone should get them by after restarting.

Yup. I restarted again and they re-appeared. That was very strange.

boccabella
Jul 15, 2013, 06:30 PM
WatchESPN still down.

SandboxGeneral
Jul 15, 2013, 06:32 PM
WatchESPN still down.

Yeah, that's still down for me too.

TsMkLg068426
Jul 16, 2013, 01:30 AM
Okay it looks like I am not the only having this problem where it tells me Apple TV cannot connect to server, having the same issue with Netflix. But after unplugging it and reconnecting it worked, but I will tell you this is not the first time happening.