Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hmm, this is disappointing. You can now only shuffle songs from the same album only? In iOS6 music app you can do all songs from all albums but no more in iOS7. What's up with that?

Also what's a bit annoying is no longer is there a quick access to albums by an artist. You have to scroll through other albums and songs first to get to them. Really time consuming.

They made some steps backwards in that regard. Really hope they realize it and fix it and revert it back.

Any ideas/ thoughts?

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Yep, your second item is a real hassle to me.

I put in almost an exact song name, like, let's say, "Jumping Jack Flash".
I have to scroll through pages and pages of artists and albums when all I want is the song.

It should go like this...
If I am in the "Song" tab, whatever I enter in the search bar, gets indexed by song first.
If they can't handle that, show close to exact matches first, then group by whatever.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Ok I found a trick/ work around how to shuffle all songs from all albums from a particular artist: hit up Siri and ask "Play 'Artist' albums" and Siri will start playing all songs shuffled from all its albums, not just one.

It's annoying that the Music app has lost the manual feature to do this and now we gotta hit up Siri to do it for us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.