PDA

View Full Version : How large is Logic Pro X in total?

Aluminum213
Jul 16, 2013, 01:23 PM
600+mb was initial download, then it installs another 2GB, then it says there are over 20GB of additional content to download

How big is this?

Astrofox
Jul 16, 2013, 01:32 PM
600+mb was initial download, then it installs another 2GB, then it says there are over 20GB of additional content to download

How big is this?

From the store: Minimum 5GB of disk space. 35GB of optional content available via in-app download.

If you don't want all the instruments and (I imagine) demo songs etc - the extras are not required to run the program.

Diastro
Jul 16, 2013, 02:00 PM
If you don't want all the instruments and (I imagine) demo songs etc - the extras are not required to run the program.

Unfortunately there are no demo songs included in Logic Pro X. Bummer!

seisend
Jul 17, 2013, 04:48 AM
Unfortunately there are no demo songs included in Logic Pro X. Bummer!

yes there are.

Navigate to "Help" and you will find something like "Logic Demo Song" and it will load "Helena Beat" by "Foster The People".

Diastro
Jul 17, 2013, 09:55 AM
yes there are.

Navigate to "Help" and you will find something like "Logic Demo Song" and it will load "Helena Beat" by "Foster The People".

Wow cool, thanks!

Dan Sequeira
Aug 5, 2013, 11:45 PM
Does Logic Pro X come with all the Apple Loops and the Sound Banks?

CausticPuppy
Aug 7, 2013, 11:57 AM
yes there are.

Nice. I didn't know this until now. :cool:

polaris20
Aug 8, 2013, 10:21 AM
I wish there was a breakdown of exactly what the additional 35GB of content was, in terms of instruments vs. loops. I don't really need loops, but of course instruments are great.

Macman45
Aug 8, 2013, 11:40 AM
Does Logic Pro X come with all the Apple Loops and the Sound Banks?

Yep, and it retains all the old stuff in a legacy folder...can't remember exactly how big my full install is on the iMac and my rMBP, but small it isn't...however, it is a big improvement over 9.

AppleDeviceUser
Aug 8, 2013, 12:15 PM
Nice. I didn't know this until now. :cool:

Turns out it's also in Logic Pro 9

chabig
Aug 8, 2013, 12:22 PM
Speaking of demos, I have search the web but can't find any other demo projects. It would be nice to see more.

Macman45
Aug 14, 2013, 03:12 AM
Speaking of demos, I have search the web but can't find any other demo projects. It would be nice to see more.

The one that IS actually there is a pretty poor demo IMO....It would be nice if Apple released a couple of decent ones that we could "de-construct" It would really help with the learning curve.

rockstarjoe
Aug 15, 2013, 02:47 PM
I don't suppose there is an easy way to move the downloadable content to a different location from within Logic X, is there? I use an SSD for my main drive so I like to move samples / loops / etc to a different drive. This was not so easy in Logic 9. Just wondering if they improved it in this version.