PDA

View Full Version : Logic Pro X important questions

Zwhaler
Jul 16, 2013, 02:44 PM
1. Do I need to download the 35GB extra content if I already have the extras from Logic 9?
2. Sounds like UAD2 plug-ins are compatible but I haven't heard that confirmed from anybody.
I'd like to hear from users about whether or not I need the 35GB content because I'd rather not download it I hope Apple utilizes what their upgrade customers already have.

Diastro
Jul 16, 2013, 02:55 PM
Most of the new content is new content, only a small part of legacy stuff from Logic 9. If you want to take full advantage of the Drummer feature, for instance, you HAVE to download the extra content. Not all 35 GB of it of course. You can check/uncheck the stuff you want or don't want. :)

Regarding UAD plugins, everything is completely 64-bit, and AU-compatible. So yes, it will work with Logic Pro X!

khollister
Jul 18, 2013, 10:17 PM
1. Do I need to download the 35GB extra content if I already have the extras from Logic 9?
2. Sounds like UAD2 plug-ins are compatible but I haven't heard that confirmed from anybody.
I'd like to hear from users about whether or not I need the 35GB content because I'd rather not download it I hope Apple utilizes what their upgrade customers already have.

Using a number of UAD effects with LPX here, no problems.

Zwhaler
Jul 29, 2013, 11:49 AM
Using a number of UAD effects with LPX here, no problems.

Yep I've been all set up and it works great. Started tracking this new album (first 2 songs acoustic) and it is NICE!!!!! Thanks for all the help folks

Macman45
Aug 2, 2013, 05:37 AM
I'd download it all if you have the space....I did a complete install on my IMac and rMBP...that way I have the legacy stuff and the new content is worth having. I'm finding the new interface a lot better...the way the instruments are organised on the left hand side of the screen is a big improvement, and the app runs well too..the menus are also easier to read...overall, a worthwhile upgrade from 9. Importing some of my older projects went smoothly too.

Zwhaler
Aug 2, 2013, 12:32 PM
Ok guys another question... WHY does Logic Pro X 10.0.1 CRASH every time when I enable flex pitch! It analyzes the track and then CRASHES every time I cannot use this feature at all. I wouldn't have been as bothered by it if it was only in the 10.0.0 and was fixed in 10.0.1 but now I can't use this feature and have no idea when to expect a fix from Apple ... apparently they can't release their software without testing it first! Other people are experiencing this issue but none of the workarounds work for me.

Macman45
Aug 2, 2013, 12:41 PM
Ok guys another question... WHY does Logic Pro X 10.0.1 CRASH every time when I enable flex pitch! It analyzes the track and then CRASHES every time I cannot use this feature at all. I wouldn't have been as bothered by it if it was only in the 10.0.0 and was fixed in 10.0.1 but now I can't use this feature and have no idea when to expect a fix from Apple ... apparently they can't release their software without testing it first! Other people are experiencing this issue but none of the workarounds work for me.

Just tried it out on a basic recording....No crash here, but I don't know exactly what kit you are using?

Zwhaler
Aug 2, 2013, 01:52 PM
Just tried it out on a basic recording....No crash here, but I don't know exactly what kit you are using?

What kit? There's 2 vocal tracks and the project is very small. My setup is a 2010 Mac Pro 2 X 2.93GHz 24GB 1333MHz RAM HD 5870 and HDDs if that's what you're asking? Running 10.8.4

Macman45
Aug 2, 2013, 03:52 PM
What kit? There's 2 vocal tracks and the project is very small. My setup is a 2010 Mac Pro 2 X 2.93GHz 24GB 1333MHz RAM HD 5870 and HDDs if that's what you're asking? Running 10.8.4

So...You you are using just the Mac Pro's speaker?, or do you have an audio interface connected to another stereo set?

Zwhaler
Aug 2, 2013, 04:06 PM
So...You you are using just the Mac Pro's speaker?, or do you have an audio interface connected to another stereo set?

Forgot to mention I'm using Universal Audio Apollo as the interface. FW800 connection using speakers connected to the Apollo.

Macman45
Aug 3, 2013, 01:53 AM
Forgot to mention I'm using Universal Audio Apollo as the interface. FW800 connection using speakers connected to the Apollo.

There may be updates / workarounds for the Apollo here:

http://www.uaudio.com/support/apollo-support#latest

My Novation has issues in X with its Automap software...there is a workaround for that bug, but they are busy on a patch for Logic X. You may find an answer on the page above. It always annoys me when hardware manufacturers fail to update their equipment....it's not like they didn't know X was coming, and it is different.

Zwhaler
Aug 3, 2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks. I figured out that static is introduced when bouncing directly to an AAC file instead of a PCM bounce and then compressing to AAC, which results in an undamaged file.