PDA

View Full Version : Logic Pro 9 / X Vs SonicFire Pro 5.8

Raima
Jul 16, 2013, 08:34 PM
I'm looking to purchase a audio program soon for videos I'll be producing. I'm a newbie into this field. I don't play any instruments at all.

I'm after a product where there is a large library of royalty free songs to select from as well as do things like noise reduction, etc.

I was recommended SonicFire Pro 5.8. It's great value for like $99.

Knowing nothing about Logic Pro, is it worth considering and why?

ChrisA
Jul 16, 2013, 10:51 PM
I'm looking to purchase a audio program soon for videos I'll be producing. I'm a newbie into this field. I don't play any instruments at all.

I'm after a product where there is a large library of royalty free songs to select from as well as do things like noise reduction, etc.

I was recommended SonicFire Pro 5.8. It's great value for like $99.

Knowing nothing about Logic Pro, is it worth considering and why?

I strongly suggest you start with Garage Band. Use it until you find some reason not to use it. Eventually you might find something GB can't do. Like for example GB can not drive an external MIDI device (MIDI can only be an input to GB not an output.) But do you need that?

The good thing about starting with GB is the Logic can irectly open GB projects so you don't loose work when you upgrade.

You likely already have GB on your computer.

One more thing Logic is $199 and the other is $99. Such a triveal difference. $100 is nothing compared to the times (many months) it will take you to learn how to use this software. Don't let $100 make the decision.

After you use GB for a while you will know what you need. The uses the same audio engine under the hood. Sound quality is the same. The bigger cost is the audio hardware, you will need a audio interface, microphones, cables boxes to pack it all in and the llist just keeps going....

Raima
Jul 17, 2013, 11:06 PM
I strongly suggest you start with Garage Band. Use it until you find some reason not to use it. Eventually you might find something GB can't do. Like for example GB can not drive an external MIDI device (MIDI can only be an input to GB not an output.) But do you need that?

The good thing about starting with GB is the Logic can irectly open GB projects so you don't loose work when you upgrade.

You likely already have GB on your computer.

One more thing Logic is $199 and the other is $99. Such a triveal difference. $100 is nothing compared to the times (many months) it will take you to learn how to use this software. Don't let $100 make the decision.

After you use GB for a while you will know what you need. The uses the same audio engine under the hood. Sound quality is the same. The bigger cost is the audio hardware, you will need a audio interface, microphones, cables boxes to pack it all in and the llist just keeps going....

Thanks or the response. You made some very good points.

I had a look at garage band last night and couldn't find an easy way to purchase royalty free music for my videos productions.

I think SonicFire Pro is the better choice for me. Thanks again!