Dec 22, 2002, 10:22 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/loug/iMovieTheater14.html

Lou G.

chewbaccapits
Dec 23, 2002, 04:23 AM
Cute... :)

MacDuffer
Dec 23, 2002, 10:18 AM
The volume of her monologue is a little low.

agreenster
Dec 23, 2002, 10:48 AM
Theres a small knob on your speakers that says "volume.' Turn that knob to the right.

Its an amateur video. It isnt Spielburg, so shut up and say something nice about his daughter.

She's cute--good idea and neat video. I would recommend sending the link to Apple's Marketing. They havent done any stuff with kids yet, and this would be PERFECT. It would really make sense to the parents I think.

I especially love it when she says, "he bought a macintosh" Her eyes light up.

ashahashah
Dec 23, 2002, 11:24 AM
Luigi,

Mamma Mia!!! What a beautiful video. (This video made me subscribe to this site just so I can post this message. I have been browsing the site for months without posting anything.)

Apple should really take a look at this and do something with it. Your daughter has great acting skills - her timing of her smiles are fantastic.

cubist
Dec 23, 2002, 11:46 AM
A masterpiece. That smile on the end of "he bought a macintosh" is fabulous. Someone from Apple has got to see this one!:) Great job, Luigi!!

gerror
Dec 23, 2002, 12:20 PM
Great one. I love it. It is so funny.

MacDuffer
Dec 23, 2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by agreenster
Theres a small knob on your speakers that says "volume.' Turn that knob to the right.

Its an amateur video, dickhead. It isnt Spielburg, so shut up and say something nice about his daughter.

I can't believe you just wrote all that because of my simple observation. You are an ignorant blockhead of a fool. If you read my post, I said her monologue, meaning her voice; NOT all the sound, which includes the music. THEREFORE, I AM MAKING A DISTINCTION BETWEEN THE LEVEL OF THE MUSIC, AND THE LEVEL OF THE VOICE; TWO SEPARATE THINGS IN THE SOUNDTRACK WHICH CANNOT BE DISCREETLY CHANGED BY THE END-USER USING A MASTER VOLUME KNOB, YOU STUPID MORON! If he wants his daughter to be heard, he can easily adjust the volume of the music down in iMovie. Apple has a knack for making such things EASY TO DO, and I was only suggesting it to make his film more effective. If I wanted to be "Spielburg", I would have gone on to say that he should have used a mono-to-stereo adapter cable for his audio feed from his mono video camera, so that the audio from his camera isn't only on the hard left or right side of the stereo field, and yet the stereo music track is on BOTH sides, contributing to the daughter's voice being buried. (that was another problem, but I chose not to mention it).

I agreed with the previous poster that it was cute, but I could barely hear her through my studio quality speakers. Would daddy be happy with that? I don't think so. So, get a ********* clue and YOU shut your stupid cakehole!

Oh, and learn how to use punctuation, word contractions and how to spell "Spielberg", junior! Maybe that radical new piece of software technology, called a "spell checker", might help.

Merry frickin' Christmas :mad:

Tiauguinho
Dec 23, 2002, 02:38 PM
I just love your Christmas spirit guys...

Great Job Luigi!

e-coli
Dec 23, 2002, 03:05 PM
she's cute as a button. nice work!

...some of the other children on this board need to open a beer and relax a little...it _is_ the holidays. ;)

danielcroft
Dec 23, 2002, 03:36 PM
People! Seriously! Go punch a pillow or something for goodness sake.

The video was really cute, almost make me want to make an ad of my own! :)

Daniel

LethalWolfe
Dec 23, 2002, 03:45 PM
That video was cute, and I do think you should send an e-mail or something to Apple (if for nothing else than to bright a few people's day 'cause I know that would get sent around the office).

And I apologize for a couple of our fellow community members hijacking your thread. Some people must not know about the PM function...

Lethal

AlohaDude
Dec 23, 2002, 05:54 PM
Wonderful loving daughter's ad!
Sure hope Apple picks up on it!

I listened to it several times (audio dificulties?) and actually appreciated it more each time.

Proceed and prosper!

oh... and pay no heed my two Mac colleagues. They need to get a private room... Hee, hee, hee :D ...
Reminded me of some Jerry Springer shows...
Hee, hee, hee :D ..

Luigi
Dec 24, 2002, 12:22 AM
I came how from work tonight to find many comments about the post/video. Just a quick note on what happened.....

I had a WIN PC and I let my 2 children use it. They played games and did some light surfing (www.youruleschool.com and other such sites). They had a tough time with MS WIN, hangs, crashes and blue screen of death. I really did not want them touching my machine. I thought they were "breaking it", you know how kids are.

One day I brought home a Ti PowerBook. I was feed-up with the conflicts on my WIN PC. I let my children use the Ti, the interface was so easy for them to understand. No crashes or hangs. Best of all I did not have to explain how to navigate around the OS. They learned on there own. So I bought them an iBook. They use it everyday and love it.

The video I made was an after thought. My children think that the switch ads are fun and entertaining . They repeatedly watch them, Ellen and Janie are the two most popular for my daughter and Tony for my son.

Maybe my video could have been a bit more refined, but I only did it to entertain my children. Ellie gets a kick of seeing herself on the internet, so do my relatives. It was all in fun.

Ellie thanks everyone for the positive comments.

Have a great holiday and new year!

The Giovanetti's

MacDuffer
Dec 24, 2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Luigi
I came how from work tonight to find many comments about the post/video. Just a quick note on what happened.....

Luigi, you have no need to explain yourself at all. My original comment was meant to be a very passive one. Just a thought; not a damning indictment. Unfortunately someone else took it to a bizarre extreme and spun this thread way out of whack. Hopefully, that is all behind us, now.

I did think your daughter was cute :) It did sound like your audio was only on one side of a stereo mix. Did you shoot her using an older camera with mono audio? If so, you can get a mono-to-stereo adapter at Radio Shack, so that when you transfer the video through whatever convertor you're using between the camera and your Mac, iMovie will place the audio in the middle of the stereo field. Just food for thought :) You are REALLY utiilising .Mac and iPhoto and iMovie a whole bunch! That is great, and I'm sure you would want to make your movies the best they can be. I hope my suggestion helps.

Have a very Merry Christmas, Luigi!

Regards,

MacDuffer.