PDA

View Full Version : Any indications on improvement of performance?

Javik
Jul 17, 2013, 03:12 AM
Any indications of improvements in performance? A similar implementation of FCP X's "pre-rendering and calculation" in Logic Pro?

If yes, this would be a massive boon for my 2010 MBA (2GB Ram!!) that is just barely able to work with 150+ tracks!! :D

Diastro
Jul 17, 2013, 03:39 AM
Any indications of improvements in performance? A similar implementation of FCP X's "pre-rendering and calculation" in Logic Pro?

If yes, this would be a massive boon for my 2010 MBA (2GB Ram!!) that is just barely able to work with 150+ tracks!! :D

150 tracks is quite a lot. :p

Anyway Logic Pro X does feel a little better in terms of performance, but the dreaded 10011 disk errors are still there.

Javik
Jul 17, 2013, 04:18 AM
150 tracks is quite a lot. :p

Anyway Logic Pro X does feel a little better in terms of performance, but the dreaded 10011 disk errors are still there.

yes, i really do not know how i am doing it. I reached a point where i just froze all tracks in the project and the ssd largely makes up for it. but im really pulling my hair out here and can't wait for a new machine. What a beaut of a machine to of lasted so long though.

hopefully they will implement this pre rendering type of thing in the future. it just seems like a waste of time and resources for me with the machine sitting idle when it could atleast be doing some preperation before.