Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
I'm thinking of switching from the Frē case to the Nüüd Lifeproof case. Just wondering though... has anyone actually scratched their iPhone 5 screen? I'm wondering if I don't see any scratches on my screen protector case because it resists it or because I haven't done anything to scratch it.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Yes, they have. One person's experience does not make a trend. The screen and your screen protector are both scratchable. A harder material can scratch a softer material.

TheChrisBlaze

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2011
If you don't see any scratches it is most likely because you've done nothing to scratch it. I traded my phone with someone (my black 5 for his white 5) and he told me beforehand that he never used a screen protector. When I got the phone it was so obvious that he had never protected his screen--it was absolutely full of scratches. Obviously not a factor once the screen was illuminated, but it bothered me nonetheless. Fortunately I was able to swap it for a new one because the sleep/wake button was problematic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.