PDA

View Full Version : Logic Pro X - uninstall Logic Pro 9 first?

steve-p
Jul 18, 2013, 07:27 AM
I'm wondering whether or not I need to uninstall Logic Pro 9 before or maybe after installing X. Either way, does it complicate things with regard to loops, software instruments etc? Are they duplicated between versions, in which case it would be a waste of disk space to have both, or are they in some shared place, in which case do I really want to have a version 9 installation mixed in with updated files from X (and GarageBand)?

I guess what I'm asking is to those people who have bought X, what did you do with regard to the existing 9 installation?

Diastro
Jul 18, 2013, 07:53 AM
I'm wondering whether or not I need to uninstall Logic Pro 9 before or maybe after installing X. Either way, does it complicate things with regard to loops, software instruments etc? Are they duplicated between versions, in which case it would be a waste of disk space to have both, or are they in some shared place, in which case do I really want to have a version 9 installation mixed in with updated files from X (and GarageBand)?

I guess what I'm asking is to those people who have bought X, what did you do with regard to the existing 9 installation?

You don't have to. It's perfectly fine to use both versions side by side, especially if you work with 32-bit plugins.

All of the content in Logic Pro X is new, except the stuff under the "Legacy" selection. So yes, there may be duplicate media.

steve-p
Jul 18, 2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks. I do have some soft synth AU plugins, but they are all 64 bit anyway, so I guess I may as well just remove 9 in it's entirety and start afresh with a clean install of X followed by the plugins. I can't see me using 9 after installing X.