Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hampo7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2011
Hi,

Today ive purchased a ATV 3. However the main reason i bought it was to Airplay mirror my iMac and rMBP to watch movies etc.

Both iMac and rMPB are top of the range and only bought this year (Early 2013) however when i connect them to airplay to the ATV the display doesnt show, i can play music etc and hear it through the tv but my iMac screen doesnt show. Checked software and everything is up to date.

My iPhone and iPad work no problem when airplayed to the ATV but thats it.

Anybody any suggestions as to why this is?

Thanks

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Hi,

Today ive purchased a ATV 3. However the main reason i bought it was to Airplay mirror my iMac and rMBP to watch movies etc.

Both iMac and rMPB are top of the range and only bought this year (Early 2013) however when i connect them to airplay to the ATV the display doesnt show, i can play music etc and hear it through the tv but my iMac screen doesnt show. Checked software and everything is up to date.

My iPhone and iPad work no problem when airplayed to the ATV but thats it.

Anybody any suggestions as to why this is?

Thanks

What specifically are you trying to AirPlay? There are some things, like Amazon Instant, that will not AirPlay video, but audio only.

Hampo7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2011
Im trying to airplay mirror my whole display onto the TV. i know this can be done however its not working!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.