PDA

View Full Version : Official 'Firefly' Game Coming to iOS in 2014

MacRumors
Jul 18, 2013, 05:30 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/07/18/official-firefly-game-coming-to-ios-in-2014/)

Fox Digital Entertainment revealed that a RPG based on the cult TV series Firefly will be coming to iOS next summer, reports Polygon (http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/18/4534096/officially-licensed-firefly-game-coming-2014).

The game, which will be officially licensed, is in development and will have players recruiting a crew and leading missions, while trading goods with other players. Gamers will be able to customize their games and play with friends across both iOS and Android platforms.

y364b2Hcq7I"At QMx, we know firsthand how great and powerful a franchise Firefly is and how mighty the Browncoats are," said Andy Gore, CEO of QMXi and Quantum Mechanix Inc. "It has always been our mission to bring the Verse to life for our customers in every way possible. The idea of creating an interactive experience where fans can have their own Firefly adventures -- well, that's just too shiny for words."Players interested in Firefly Online can sign up for more information on the game's website (https://www.keepflying.com) at KeepFlying.com.

Article Link: Official 'Firefly' Game Coming to iOS in 2014 (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/07/18/official-firefly-game-coming-to-ios-in-2014/)

charliex5
Jul 18, 2013, 05:45 PM
Ugh, Papyrus.

I don't remember if they used it in the show or if its just a poor design choice...

Cougarcat
Jul 18, 2013, 05:46 PM
Don't get your hopes up. The developer's portfolio doesn't exactly inspire confidence: http://www.sparkpluggames.com/#!products/c1otc

Ugh, Papyrus.

I don't remember if they used it in the show or if its just a poor design choice...

They used it in the show.

iMikeT
Jul 18, 2013, 05:49 PM
Firefly had its time and should be left on the shelf from now on.

Mr-Stabby
Jul 18, 2013, 05:52 PM
Firefly had its time and should be left on the shelf from now on.

I'm not disagreeing with you, i love Firefly and think it probably should be laid to rest, but Star Trek is a great example of a failed TV series coming back to life a decade after its original failed TV outing, so people never give up hope.

Icaras
Jul 18, 2013, 05:52 PM
Although I'm super stoked about this news, that trailer is absolutely worthless.

Well not entirely....The music did bring back a lot of nostalgia :p

andeify
Jul 18, 2013, 05:56 PM
Don't get your hopes up. The developer's portfolio doesn't exactly inspire confidence: http://www.sparkpluggames.com/#!products/c1otc

Oh no! :(

sexiewasd
Jul 18, 2013, 05:57 PM
Please, it's over. Just let it rest in peace. This just seams like wringing more money from the show's corpse.

mainstreetmark
Jul 18, 2013, 06:14 PM
so is this just going to be like Tradewars or Escape Velocity or something?

iMikeT
Jul 18, 2013, 07:29 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you, i love Firefly and think it probably should be laid to rest, but Star Trek is a great example of a failed TV series coming back to life a decade after its original failed TV outing, so people never give up hope.

I'm a huge Star Trek fan but with the current revival, Star Trek for me exists from TOS to Nemesis. JJ Abrams made a couple of movies called "Star Trek" with characters sharing names from TOS but it was far from Star Trek.

JBunkers
Jul 18, 2013, 07:40 PM

Failed? How do you figure it's a failed series? The Next Generation, Deep Space 9, and Voyager, they each ran for 7 seasons. That's 21 seasons of Star Trek shows (plus the 3 seasons of the original ST series). Hardly a failed series.

Firefly, on the other hand, was a failed series, having lasted only 1 season (and barely that at only 14 episodes). Which is very unfortunate, because it was an AWESOME show. It really deserved to go on, based on its quality in my opinion, but apparently it just wasn't profitable enough for the studio to keep it going.

Personally, I'd much rather see them get the original cast back together and revive the show, than to play a game about it a decade+ after its demise. Sadly, that will probably never happen.

Analog Kid
Jul 18, 2013, 07:47 PM
Failed? How do you figure it's a failed series? The Next Generation, Deep Space 9, and Voyager, they each ran for 7 seasons. That's 21 seasons of Star Trek shows. Hardly a failed series.

Firefly, on the other hand, was a failed series, having lasted only 1 season (and barely that at only 14 episodes). Which is very unfortunate, because it was an AWESOME show. It really deserved to go on, based on its quality in my opinion, but apparently it just wasn't profitable enough for the studio to keep it going.

Personally, I'd much rather see them get the original cast back together and revive the show, than to play a game about it a decade+ after its demise. Sadly, that will probably never happen.
The original Star Trek only lasted 3 seasons of it's 5 year voyage. I think the series you're listing are what Mr-Stabby means by coming back to life.

Didn't Netflix bring back Arrested Development? Maybe they'll revive Firefly...

I'm with you on the game though-- why reward Fox for killing a quality show by buying a second rate game? The quote in the article makes me cringe...

JBunkers
Jul 18, 2013, 08:21 PM
The original Star Trek only lasted 3 seasons of it's 5 year voyage. I think the series you're listing are what Mr-Stabby means by coming back to life.

Didn't Netflix bring back Arrested Development? Maybe they'll revive Firefly...

I'm with you on the game though-- why reward Fox for killing a quality show by buying a second rate game? The quote in the article makes me cringe...

I see. I thought he was referring to the more recent Star Trek movies from the past couple of years as "bringing back to life" that franchise, as it is closer to the newer series (by his "a decade after" comment) than the original series from the 1960's. Maybe in 30 years they'll reboot FIREFLY, although by then I'll be in my 70's or 80's and likely won't care anymore.

As for Netflix picking up FIREFLY, they'll have to wait until CASTLE gets cancelled, as Nathan Fillion is now the star of that hit show. Which incidentally, recently got renewed for a 6th season.

CaptHenryMorgan
Jul 18, 2013, 08:58 PM
so is this just going to be like Tradewars or Escape Velocity or something?

You make a Firefly-themed Escape Velocity sound like a bad thing!!!

I for one HATE online gaming, so I won't be playing this. But an Escape Velocity/Nova game with a Firefly skin for iOS? I'd pay $10 for that (no in-game purchases thanks)

smigit2002
Jul 18, 2013, 09:15 PM
You make a Firefly-themed Escape Velocity sound like a bad thing!!!

I for one HATE online gaming, so I won't be playing this. But an Escape Velocity/Nova game with a Firefly skin for iOS? I'd pay $10 for that (no in-game purchases thanks)

I'm with you on that! I did a Nova play through a couple years back after an original EV playthrough. Those were enjoyable days.

And it sounds like a Firefly plug has been in the works for Nova for literally years.
http://z4.invisionfree.com/GunRunner/index.php?
Many think it's dead at this point, but we'll see.

ThunderSkunk
Jul 18, 2013, 09:33 PM
Futurama
Firefly
Arrested Development

Networks are their own worst enemies.

Or was that Fox, Fox, and Fox...

MENDAWGS
Jul 18, 2013, 10:41 PM
Awesome can't wait, really enjoyed the show and movie

Parasprite
Jul 18, 2013, 11:55 PM
And to think I've been waiting 8 years for new Firefly news....

Okay more like 2.

sandman42
Jul 19, 2013, 12:02 AM

All that, and don't forget that Star Trek TOS was at one time dead last in the ratings, and was nearly cancelled during the second season (but was saved by a letter writing campaign). Despite what it all eventually turned into, and even though I love it dearly, there certainly are grounds to call the original incarnation of the show a "failed" series. And that's not even mentioning most of the third season...

ConCat
Jul 19, 2013, 12:04 AM
It was a very unique show. Never really got used to the Chinese curses though. :p

TsMkLg068426
Jul 19, 2013, 01:35 AM
So when is second season happening?:D

Makosuke
Jul 19, 2013, 02:33 AM
Well, the other stuff by the studio doesn't make them look particularly well equipped to pull of a quality Firefly game, but you never know, once in a while people rise to the occasion. Of course, I hate online games so I'm not likely to play it, but count me among those who agree that Fox had it's head where the sun don't shine when it cancelled that show.

It did get its movie, which is more than Star Trek managed for a decade (unless you count the animated series--everybody forgets about that!) although I actually didn't like that much--it managed to answer a lot of questions that they probably should have gotten to a lot more quickly in the series, but sort of screwed up the characters and basically re-used the season finale villain.

I'm a huge Star Trek fan but with the current revival, Star Trek for me exists from TOS to Nemesis. JJ Abrams made a couple of movies called "Star Trek" with characters sharing names from TOS but it was far from Star Trek.I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

That said, as others pointed out, I'm pretty sure the "failed series" reference was to the ten-year gap between ToS and The Motion Picture (again, if you don't count the animated series, which was about halfway between).

theluggage
Jul 19, 2013, 02:42 AM
Ugh, Papyrus.

I think Kaylee chose it :)

illitrate23
Jul 19, 2013, 03:02 AM
Well i'm looking forward to this
The only thing better than a Firefly game would be a Farscape game.
Or a Culture game.

But then again, i quite liked the first Abrams ST film, and from the trailers, i'm looking forward to eventually getting around to watch the latest one.
I'm not sure if that has any bearing on why i'm excited by a Firefly game, but there you go.

Mr-Stabby
Jul 19, 2013, 04:29 AM
Failed? How do you figure it's a failed series? The Next Generation, Deep Space 9, and Voyager, they each ran for 7 seasons. That's 21 seasons of Star Trek shows (plus the 3 seasons of the original ST series). Hardly a failed series.

As others have said, i did mean the decade between TOS and the first movie. Hell even the first movie i recall was a critical failure, even if it did make enough money to warrant a second one.

Though i suppose the situation is different here. Joss Whedon is a much sought after Hollywood director these days, Castle will run for a few more years and hell the actors are getting older! Though a show like Red Dwarf proved that you could have the actors be older and still have it work as long as you don't ignore the fact that they're older like some shows tried to do.

keysofanxiety
Jul 19, 2013, 05:30 AM
I'm a huge Star Trek fan but with the current revival, Star Trek for me exists from TOS to Nemesis. JJ Abrams made a couple of movies called "Star Trek" with characters sharing names from TOS but it was far from Star Trek.

+1. The new ST films missed the point of what ST is. Frankly I can't understand why they're so well revered.

Zealous
Jul 19, 2013, 08:34 AM
Firefly was an amazing television series that died too young... And the movie that was supposed to wrap things up did just that... and removed any hope of more seasons coming out ever (if there was any to begin with).

But... this game is (probably) a cheap, iOS version of StarCitizen... and not a good one. :-/

If you really want to play the Firefly game, go pre-order StarCitizen.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

----------

+1. The new ST films missed the point of what ST is. Frankly I can't understand why they're so well revered.

The new StarTrek movies were made to bring in new Star Trek fans and give old trekkies a new line of story to sink their teeth into. They're revered because JJ did just that and made a fantastic movie and new storyline.

The movies aren't a copy of ST. They are a re-imagination of it from the beginning.

:) When you get a moment, watch them over again with that in mind. They are awesome.

notjustjay
Jul 19, 2013, 09:41 AM
It was a very unique show. Never really got used to the Chinese curses though. :p

You're not the only one. I speak Chinese and I couldn't make heads or tails of most of the curses. And when I did recognize some tortured fragment of Mandarin, I got distracted by it -- "Oh, I see, THAT's what you're trying to say. That's not really- oh well, whatever."

Their swearing in "Chinese" is a lot like looking at those Japanese signs with "Engrish" (http://www.engrish.com/) written on them. Sort of, but not quite, what they intended.

Also: two pages of comments and nobody has said "Shiny!" yet??

JAT
Jul 19, 2013, 09:41 AM
Firefly was an amazing television series that died too young... And the movie that was supposed to wrap things up did just that... and removed any hope of more seasons coming out ever (if there was any to begin with).
Yes, Whedon and Fillion have made it pretty clear they have stopped trying. The movie was it. There was talk of revival, movie sequels, etc. A video game is pretty innocuous, hardly counts as anything.

The movies aren't a copy of ST. They are a re-imagination of it from the beginning.

:) When you get a moment, watch them over again with that in mind. They are awesome.
The movies aren't horrible. But the fact that the director and actors spent (I estimate) 70% of their effort on stupid accents and mannerisms to mimic a show from a completely different era that had multiple nationalities thrown together specifically to appeal to politically correct idiots bores me. Even Cumberbatch couldn't save it for my brain, and he was incredible. It's Urban's worst performance ever, and that's because he didn't have any part in the movies, just a few one liners in a particular style. Etc.

Lord Hamsa
Jul 19, 2013, 10:07 AM

Ugh. IAP consumables. EXACTLY what will make this sort of thing suck.

Cougarcat
Jul 19, 2013, 10:37 AM
You're not the only one. I speak Chinese and I couldn't make heads or tails of most of the curses. And when I did recognize some tortured fragment of Mandarin, I got distracted by it -- "Oh, I see, THAT's what you're trying to say. That's not really- oh well, whatever."

Their swearing in "Chinese" is a lot like looking at those Japanese signs with "Engrish" (http://www.engrish.com/) written on them. Sort of, but not quite, what they intended.

Also: two pages of comments and nobody has said "Shiny!" yet??

It wasn't meant to be 100% accurate. It's the future, language evolves. Also, none of the characters on the show were Asian, it makes sense if their curses would be messed up, and it was a way to show how in the future China has replaced western culture as the major cultural force.

Cougarcat
Jul 19, 2013, 10:49 AM
But... this game is (probably) a cheap, iOS version of StarCitizen... and not a good one. :-/

If you really want to play the Firefly game, go pre-order StarCitizen.

StarCitizen looks amazing but incredibly ambitious. If they do 10% of what they set out to do I will be shocked. But I backed it anyway, hoping for the best.

The new StarTrek movies were made to bring in new Star Trek fans and give old trekkies a new line of story to sink their teeth into. They're revered because JJ did just that and made a fantastic movie and new storyline.

What new storyline? into Darkness was a Wrath of Khan remake, with some 9/11 themes tossed in to make it "relevant."

Gasu E.
Jul 19, 2013, 11:44 AM
Futurama
Firefly
Arrested Development

Networks are their own worst enemies.

Or was that Fox, Fox, and Fox...

Fox (Entertainment, not News) deserves credit as a gutsy network for even giving those quirky shows a chance in the first place. "Arrested Development", in particular, was extremely poorly suited for network TV: with jokes that took several episodes to set up the punchline; nearly 100% reliance on a narrator voiceover to provide narrative development; and rapid-fire double entendres that required paying close attention to even catch, as well as reasonable intelligence to understand. This is a show that would have been a huge hit on HBO; on Fox, they let it get into a third season, even given non-existant ratings.

GenesisST
Jul 19, 2013, 12:13 PM
Ugh, Papyrus.

I'll add Papyrus to my list of fonts to use to annoy my graphic designer friends and colleagues... The list is now 2 fonts with Comic Sans! :D

JAT
Jul 19, 2013, 04:09 PM
It wasn't meant to be 100% accurate. It's the future, language evolves. Also, none of the characters on the show were Asian, it makes sense if their curses would be messed up, and it was a way to show how in the future China has replaced western culture as the major cultural force.

Also, they didn't want to put actual curses on broadcast TV, regardless of language. Gorram frackin' TV!

EddieCurrent
Jul 19, 2013, 06:36 PM

The original Star Trek was a failure and only ran as long as it did because the television landscape was far less competitive. Star Trek also ran in syndication for YEARS attracting a larger fan base then the original 3 year run. This was back when local affiliates ran a lot more filler. And Star Trek was that filler. I was born 4 years after the show was cancelled and yet it was on TV constantly through most of my childhood. There is NO WAY Star Trek would be the franchise that it is today without that kind of exposure.

There was an 11 year gap between the series and the first movie. And a 18 year gap between the original series and TNG which was the first "successful" Star Trek television series.

Comparing the two is completely ridiculous because of the VAST difference in programming landscape and culture at the networks. (Shows get cancelled much quicker now.)

Also the original Star Trek was horrible. The stories were good and I applaud the social conscience. But the acting and directing are atrocious. The characters are caricatures at best and inane stereotypes at worst.

The good thing is many more people are discovering Firefly on Netflix. Who knows 18 years after it's cancellation maybe someone will make a successful version. :)

Dagless
Jul 20, 2013, 06:14 AM
This is terrible news.

needfx
Jul 20, 2013, 11:48 AM
Sheldon Cooper is already writing a letter of complaint

SvP
Jul 20, 2013, 04:15 PM
Ugh, Papyrus.

It's not papyrus.
edit: sadly, it is papyrus, except for the logo.

Northgrove
Jul 21, 2013, 10:20 AM
Sounds like fun! Kind of like an Elite game of times past... I like those kind of space RPG's. I do wonder how they'll use the limited Firefly universe though. The series was cancelled so soon after all.

Solver
Jul 22, 2013, 01:19 PM
All that, and don't forget that Star Trek TOS was at one time dead last in the ratings, and was nearly cancelled during the second season (but was saved by a letter writing campaign). Despite what it all eventually turned into, and even though I love it dearly, there certainly are grounds to call the original incarnation of the show a "failed" series. And that's not even mentioning most of the third season...

Hard for a fan to write about how great the original Star Trek series was when they barley can write.
(Personal experience)

jonnysods
Jul 22, 2013, 03:34 PM
Oh man, I have a few nerdy friends who will love this news!

Signed,

A Doctor Who fan.

Westyfield2
Jul 22, 2013, 05:15 PM
If they want to make more money out of Firefly, they could do some more filming...

egoistaxx9
Jul 22, 2013, 07:06 PM
i wish there will be a bigger iphone by the time this game hits the play store.

iMikeT
Jul 23, 2013, 06:21 AM

Exactly.

I think they're revered because they appear brand new and shiny but lack a whole lot of substance, nothing more than a veneer.

Personally, I wouldn't have had a problem with JJ Abrams's Star Trek had he kept it in the existing universe but he had to give us this POS that was a double backhand across the face and told us to forget established lore. I remember reading that JJ Abrams was never a Star Trek fan but a Star Wars fan and didn't have any respect for the Star Trek source material. Talk about getting the wrong guy for the job, I suppose it doesn't matter as long as he can attract a stupid audience that's willing to pay for bad story telling.

keysofanxiety
Jul 23, 2013, 07:41 AM
Exactly.

I think they're revered because they appear brand new and shiny but lack a whole lot of substance, nothing more than a veneer.

Personally, I wouldn't have had a problem with JJ Abrams's Star Trek had he kept it in the existing universe but he had to give us this POS that was a double backhand across the face and told us to forget established lore. I remember reading that JJ Abrams was never a Star Trek fan but a Star Wars fan and didn't have any respect for the Star Trek source material. Talk about getting the wrong guy for the job, I suppose it doesn't matter as long as he can attract a stupid audience that's willing to pay for bad story telling.

Absolutely. So much that I hated in the new films. The lens flare, the camera shake, the Nokia phone in the first one, the awful soundtrack; the fact that James Kirk was born in flippin' space, the Spock/Uhura romance, the bad-guy who was as scary as a damp dish-towel, the crazy plot point (what, some half-cut womaniser immediately becomes Captain of the Enterprise, because it's 'in his blood'?!). Yeah, great. I'll pilot the next NASA space-shuttle, even though I'm an aggressive drunk with no redeeming qualities. But not to worry: my father was a pilot, so I'm suited for it!

Not to mention that bloody scene where they're diving through a planet's atmosphere in their suits (beyond ridiculous), or how they shoe-horned Leonard Nimoy in there. I knew he was a sell-out from the ballad of 'Bilbo Baggins', but come on, Nimoy. Have some self-respect, Star Trek is what you're known for.

I won't even get started on the 'new' one.

Star Trek is about humanity, mainly; how we deal with it, how we evolve, how we better ourselves. It's about exploration, the final frontier FFS. It's beautiful sci-fi, and he turned it into a poor action film set in space. And the critics loved it. "Star Trek is cool again!", they croon, haphazardly shoving fistfuls of popcorn into their gormless guts. Yes, God forbid watching a film that inspires you, or makes you think a little.

UGH. I should stop ranting now, I'm going to give myself a headache. I find the new films nothing short of abhorrent. Thanks for ruining my childhood, Abrams.

yauzers619
Jul 23, 2013, 11:07 AM
Shiny! Only, if I get to be a "companion". ;)

Internaut
Jul 23, 2013, 01:32 PM
Meh - give me another series of Firefly. No, forget that; it's been too long. A sequel to Serenity would be nice though.

tbrinkma
Jul 23, 2013, 03:18 PM
Absolutely. So much that I hated in the new films. The lens flare, the camera shake, the Nokia phone in the first one, the awful soundtrack; the fact that James Kirk was born in flippin' space, the Spock/Uhura romance, the bad-guy who was as scary as a damp dish-towel, the crazy plot point (what, some half-cut womaniser immediately becomes Captain of the Enterprise, because it's 'in his blood'?!). Yeah, great. I'll pilot the next NASA space-shuttle, even though I'm an aggressive drunk with no redeeming qualities. But not to worry: my father was a pilot, so I'm suited for it!

Not to mention that bloody scene where they're diving through a planet's atmosphere in their suits (beyond ridiculous), or how they shoe-horned Leonard Nimoy in there. I knew he was a sell-out from the ballad of 'Bilbo Baggins', but come on, Nimoy. Have some self-respect, Star Trek is what you're known for.

I won't even get started on the 'new' one.

Star Trek is about humanity, mainly; how we deal with it, how we evolve, how we better ourselves. It's about exploration, the final frontier FFS. It's beautiful sci-fi, and he turned it into a poor action film set in space. And the critics loved it. "Star Trek is cool again!", they croon, haphazardly shoving fistfuls of popcorn into their gormless guts. Yes, God forbid watching a film that inspires you, or makes you think a little.

UGH. I should stop ranting now, I'm going to give myself a headache. I find the new films nothing short of abhorrent. Thanks for ruining my childhood, Abrams.

Ah, yes. The ever popular "It's not what I grew up with, so it sucks!" rant. We Star Wars fans are quite familiar with that particular screed. :rolleyes:

keysofanxiety
Jul 24, 2013, 02:46 AM
Ah, yes. The ever popular "It's not what I grew up with, so it sucks!" rant. We Star Wars fans are quite familiar with that particular screed. :rolleyes:

Not at all, tbrinkma. Thanks for the sarcasm, by the way; I guess if I don't like something I must be a ******** fanboy. ;) They missed the point of Star Trek, that's the issue here. You can't just make any old film and then slap a well-known title onto it to make more sales.

It's like if they made a Bond film without any action scenes. It's not a case of 'it's not what I grew up with', it's a case that they completely butchered the franchise.

Truth be told, the new ST film was just an action film set in space, and wasn't anything deeper than that. It could have easily existed without the ST franchise shoe-horned onto it. But if it didn't have ST in it, then people wouldn't remember the film as being amazing; they'd just remember it as yet another boring action film set in space.

It's just that people said "wow, I don't remember ST having this many explosions! Now it's a franchise my drooling brain can relate to!" :mad: Abrams, you suck.

inkswamp
Jul 24, 2013, 01:54 PM
Firefly, on the other hand, was a failed series, having lasted only 1 season (and barely that at only 14 episodes).

Firefly wasn't a failed series. Fox never gave it a chance to fail or succeed. It's more accurate to say it was unproven--although its refusal to go away might tell you something about where it would have gone, had Fox taken it seriously.

Executives at Fox intentionally derailed the show. The theories about the motives behind that are numerous but it's most likely that someone was not happy with the expense (Firefly was a pricey production for its day) and intentionally derailed it. Fox refused to air the original pilot until the end of its run. They showed the episodes out of order, moved it around to different time slots erratically and occasionally pre-empted it for sports events.

And despite that, it gathered an enormous fan following, spawned numerous comics and a feature film.

Is that really a failure? Considering how many obstacles were thrown in its way, I'd say not.

inkswamp
Jul 24, 2013, 02:18 PM

You missed the hints at the end that Mal had just potentially started a war with the Alliance's government. Look at the exchange at the end of the movie between the Operative and Mal.

Operative: It's not over. I can't guarantee that they won't come after you. The Parliament. Your broadwave about Miranda has weakened their regime, but they are not gone and they are not forgiving.

Mal: That don't bode especially well for you, given your order to let us go, patching up our hurt.

Operative: I told them the Tams were no longer a threat. Damage done. They might listen....

But they probably won't. :D

To me, a sequel where the Alliance is now focused directly on Mal as opposed to him via River and Simon would be fantastic. It would be the next logical step in Mal's development and push things toward a resurgence of the Browncoats and a new assault on the Alliance. That could easily fill two more films. I don't think Serenity closed the door on that at all.

KermitThePuck
Jul 27, 2013, 12:08 AM
This looks awesome!!!

Zealous
Jul 30, 2013, 10:46 AM
You missed the hints at the end that Mal had just potentially started a war with the Alliance's government. Look at the exchange at the end of the movie between the Operative and Mal.

But they probably won't. :D

To me, a sequel where the Alliance is now focused directly on Mal as opposed to him via River and Simon would be fantastic. It would be the next logical step in Mal's development and push things toward a resurgence of the Browncoats and a new assault on the Alliance. That could easily fill two more films. I don't think Serenity closed the door on that at all.

I see what you're saying here. But at the same time I really hope that they don't touch it. I think those last quotes were more of a brain chew then anything. And the idea that an entire federation would be pit against 1, dirt broke, firefly pilot is a little far fetched for this series. Now, should Mal turn around and start up the revolution again... that would be something worth writing and watching. :)