Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Shouldn't we have seen an iTunes beta by now?
One that properly handles the new nested folders in iOS7 properly.
And with maybe some kind of iTunes Radio interface.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
There may be one out right before the release of Mavericks. Or they could skip the betas all together and just include the final features in the Mavericks release

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I think the betas for iTunes 11 didn't roll out until after the iPhone event last fall.

I would expect iTunes 12 to be an incremental update since 11 was the big revamp, and we can expect it before Christmas.

Unless they decide to bring iOS 7 design to iTunes 12 ...

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
iTunes 11 didn't have any betas. It was announced alongside the iPhone 5 and released a few months later after a few delays.

My guess is that we'll see a beta for iTunes 11.5 soon since I'm sure they want to test iTunes Radio and iOS7 management on the Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I posted something like this a few weeks ago. Really like others mentioned iTunes will most likely get its update quietly alongside ios7 and the new iphone

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
iTunes 11 didn't have any betas. It was announced alongside the iPhone 5 and released a few months later after a few delays.

My guess is that we'll see a beta for iTunes 11.5 soon since I'm sure they want to test iTunes Radio and iOS7 management on the Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yea there were betas. You just didn't have access to them.

Apple updates iTunes pretty much every year, although we had iTunes 10 for two years. I'd expect with iOS and Mavericks taking design in a new direction, we might get an iTunes 12 this fall to reflect this change.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Announced or not there are new features related to iOS7 that need testing.

Like what?

iTunes Radio will work on the desktop along with iOS, so that will need tested.

They merely stated that iTunes Radio would be available on the desktop and they didn't elaborate on it. It obviously wasn't ready yet or maybe they didn't need it to be tested since it's in iOS 7 betas.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
iTunes Radio will work on the desktop along with iOS, so that will need tested.

But that's nothing to do with the iOS developer program.

They've only made beta versions of iTunes available when they have been necessary for using the iOS beta.

The iOS betas are increasingly aimed at enterprise customers, where Mac usage is low, so they would have to provide an iTunes beta for Windows as well, and in the past Apple seemed to struggle with that.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hmm, such as?

Running the beta here and have no issues with iTunes

As already said, iTunes Radio and nested folders.
Also WiFi sync of iOS7 devices has been disabled in the Windows version of iTunes so I'm guessing that work needs to be done there as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.