PDA

View Full Version : Losing Internet Connection on Sleep

doubledee
Jul 22, 2013, 02:59 PM
Something appears to be wrong with my new cMBP and Mountain Lion.

I'm not sure of the exact cause, but it seems like when the Screen-Saver comes on or it goes to Sleep that I am losing my Wi-Fi Connection... :confused:

Yesterday I had both my old MacBook and new cMBP out while I continued to set things up on my new cMBP.

On my old MacBook (this one) with Snow Leopard, I have the following settings...

Energy Saver:
Battery
Computer Sleep: 5 minutes
Display Sleep: 5 minutes
_x_ Put the hard-disk to sleep when possible
_x_ Slightly dim the display when using this power source
_x_ Automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep

Power Adapter
Computer Sleep: 5 minutes
Display Sleep: 5 minutes
_x_ Put the hard-disk to sleep when possible
___ Wake for network access
_x_ Automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep
___ Start up automatically after power failure

Desktop & Screen Saver:
Start screen saver: 3 minutes

These settings seem to work just fine.

(**NOTE: My main goals are that I want the security of a screen-saver, but also do NOT want anything to disrupt my recording of Streaming Audio in the background!!!

If I get up and walk away, I expect my screen-saver to come on and protect my laptop, but I want everything running in the back ground as normal!!)

I don't have my new cMBP with me here at work, but I believe I have the settings set in a similar manner in Mountain Lion.

On to the problem...

Yesterday I was working primarily from my old MacBook, and when I would go back to my new cMBP, the screen-saver would always be on.

After logging back in, I noticed that my Personal VPN connection and Wi-Fi Internet Connection always seemed to be down... :confused:

I played around with the settings on my new cMBP, and tried to make them similar to this old MacBook, but the problem persisted.

Once I get my new cMBP finally set up, I will be *really mad* if I am recording a radio show, my screen-saver comes on and/or my laptop goes to sleep, and I end up losing my Internet Connection?! :mad:

It seems to me like there is a bug with Mountain Lion, but who knows?!

Any idea what might be the problem?

Is it a setting issue?

Or is ML screwed up?

Sincerely,

Debbie