PDA

View Full Version : Automator - Using Variable in Path?

alexk403
Jul 22, 2013, 05:36 PM
I am trying to use the automator action Download URLS as the last step in my automator app. Earlier in the script I create a new folder in a specified place (new folders are all created in the same place). The name of the new folder is a text variable movieName. As the last step in the script I want to download the url the action is given but download it to the movieName folder. Just dragging the movieName variable into the download url action doesnt work and usually it just ends up on my desktop. How can I set the path of the download urls action to a text variable in a certain place? I was thinking about just making a text variable with the actual location of the folder but I do not think this would work, but I don't know. Like make a variable that has the text /Volumes/Hard Drive/movieName, I know how to do that but I don't think the download urls action will take that as a valid path. If this is impossible then if it is possible to do it via applescript I would be fine with that too, but would need to know what my script would be. Thanks a lot this is my last problem! Thanks in advance any help is appreciated.