Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
I have a Python application that can't display a video inside a QTWebView. In the error log I'm getting this message:

Code:
Python[38725:1307] Error loading /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/QuickTime Plugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Plugin:  dlopen(/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/QuickTime Plugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Plugin, 265): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/QuickTime Plugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Plugin: mach-o, but wrong architecture

When I checked the architecture of the QuickTime Plugin I found that it was only 32 bit.

I looked into it and QuickTime X was released a few years ago which was 64 bit... has a corresponding 64 bit QuickTime plugin simply never been released or am I running a dated plugin? (I checked the software update section of the MAS and it didn't say any updates were available...)

Madd the Sane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
Utah
QTKit on 64-bit launches a subprocess that is 32-bits then acts as a proxy between the process and the app to decode codecs that QTKit (or CoreAudio for audio codecs) doesn't do natively.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Safari linked directly to QTKit instead of using the QuickTime Internet plugin, or ran the plugin in a similar vein as what QTKit does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.