PDA

View Full Version : Mac goes to sleep while downloading

Sanchez25
Jul 24, 2013, 03:13 AM
I’ve set it to go to sleep (screen & computer) after 10 minutes in the System Preferences.

Usually if I’d download a file, the screen would go to sleep after 10 minutes and the computer would go to sleep whenever the download is finished.

However, with the App Store, this doesn’t seem to work. The computer goes to sleep after 10 minutes and interrupts the download.

Anyone know a solution apart from setting it to “Never”, which I do not want? :confused:

Graig
Jul 24, 2013, 09:39 AM
Download Caffeine from the App Store and run it while downloading. I use it a lot if I know the d/l will take too much time.

Sanchez25
Jul 24, 2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah but it’s not normal that it does this, it shouldn’t go to sleep — only when finished. I know that with 3rd party applications, when downloading something, it would sometimes go to sleep. But recently I used bit torrent to download a big file someone sent me, and my Mac didn’t go to sleep until the download was finished.

So how the hell can it go to sleep when an Apple-application downloads something… :(

I guess it’s a bug?

Apart from that I don’t like using 3rd party stuff too much. :(

lexvo
Jul 24, 2013, 02:54 PM
For me, this looks like something that started since I upgraded to Mountain Lion. Converting audiofiles in Handbrake is also interrupted.