PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps a dumb question - Is there a way to display the current time on the ATV3?

mikemc601f
Jul 24, 2013, 08:07 AM
My appologies if this is something easy, but I have not been able to find an answer.
Is there a way to display the current time on the ATV3? It seems like I have seen screenshots with the time in the upper right hand corner. Thanks

GoCubsGo
Jul 24, 2013, 08:11 AM
Not dumb at all. I don't see any place to have the time displayed. Would make for a nice screen saver though. :)

mikemc601f
Jul 24, 2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the reply. It may be a jailbrake thing that I saw. This seems a very simple and beneficial thing that could be added with a firmware update though.

priitv8
Jul 24, 2013, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. It may be a jailbrake thing that I saw. This seems a very simple and beneficial thing that could be added with a firmware update though.Normally, that would be a TV set, that can blend time in to the display. Not sure about simple HDMI monitors, though.

AppleCruncher
Jul 26, 2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. It may be a jailbrake thing that I saw. This seems a very simple and beneficial thing that could be added with a firmware update though.

Apple is not in the habit of adding beneficial things to the ATV.