PDA

View Full Version : Scared my self for no reason

Temujin
Nov 13, 2005, 06:38 PM
I just scared my self for no reason what so ever. Was listening to a song on my new 15Ē PB, suddenly hearing periodic fuzzes mixed in the music. Got worried thinking back on some rumours Iíve heard somewhere in here. Some guy had the same fuzzes, which seemed, at the time, also to be the problem with mine.

To check the error I did the following:
- I changed the song and no fuzz.
- Went back to the other song and fuzz again!
- Popped in my headphones, no fuzz (so itís a faulty speaker?)
- Finally I tried the song on another PC, same fuzz.
Suddenly it donned on me.
Youíre such an idiot! The fuzz is supposed to be there, itís a part of the song!

This is the state Iím in. Spending time on these rumour sites really make me worry. Each time a user reports a faulty powerbook its yet another thing to worry about. Some have screen, sound or other issues.

So far my baby has worked fine with no problems except an Airport bug after the 10.4.3 upgrade, which got fixed 2 days later.
Donít have the faulty screen, no wobbly chassis.
The only negative I can mention is that the display is a bit brighter at the bottom middle. But only noticeable on an all black background, and with a higher brightness setting. So no biggy. The DL drive can read my oldest DVDís, which no other drive I have owned could. Also burns fine with my cheap Princo DVDís. The speakers are superb. The best Iíve heard over any other laptop. Well you get the picture, Iím in love.

Just wanted to share my idiocy and my love for my new 15Ē Powerbook. Iím using 512 ram and running fine. Even Final Cut Pro HD seems ok. Iíll get another GB when I get the cash. People tell me Iíll see a nice speed increase.

2nyRiggz
Nov 13, 2005, 06:53 PM
stay away from the drugs man.....and listening to techno mixed with it would have u tripping...:p

Bless

Daedalus256
Nov 14, 2005, 12:10 AM
Haha don't feel dumb I'm pretty sure most people have done that at least once. I know I have with a few songs.

And yes, getting another 512 of RAM or another gig will definitely increase performance. My Pbook G4 seems to be able to handle having a ton of windows onscreen at once whereas my friend's iMac G5 doesn't really like it all that much. I have a gig of RAM in my pbook and he has the standard 512megs that came with his imac. He's definitely planning to upgrade soon :D

GoCubsGo
Nov 14, 2005, 12:14 AM
I generally stay away from people who complain about everything on their machines. I started to read too much too and then I nearly did not buy my powerbook. Now that I have it, I can't see myself using any windows machine at all.
People are going to piss and moan no matter what.