PDA

View Full Version : FaceTime not working on 10.8

laureniam
Jul 26, 2013, 11:39 AM
This issue began last evening when I was unexpectedly logged out of iMessage and FaceTime on my MBP. Attempting to login to iMessage yielded an error about this not being a registered device for this login (paraphrasing). For FaceTime, attempting to login, the login screen would just refresh. After a few hours and a restart I was able to log in to iMessage and all has worked fine with iMessage since then.

But as far as FaceTime is concerned, I have not been able to login. Attempting to login with another account is performing the same, the screen just refreshes but never actually logs in.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

lumine01
Jul 27, 2013, 12:44 AM
I'm not sure if I'm experiencing the same issue or not, but it sounds like it.

When I try to log in to Facetime with my credentials, the login screen refreshes, and stays asking for my user name and password. It doesn't give an error, as it does when I type an incorrect password, it simply refreshes the login screen.

I haven't tried a different Facetime account (Apple ID) while still on the same OS X user account, but I *am* able to switch OS X user accounts and sign in to Facetime using the same name/password.

So for me, it's acting like there's some corrupt OS X-user specific preferences or something associated with Facetime that keeps the problem locally isolated to the specific OS X user trying to access Facetime, and not necessarily any specific Apple IDs trying to use Facetime.

Does anyone know if there are files I could delete/rebuild for Facetime, to clear out any cache in OS X that may be causing the problem?

laureniam, have you tried signing in to Facetime using the same Apple ID and password, on the same computer, but under a different OS X user account, to see if that works? If so, it sounds like we are having the same problem.