PDA

View Full Version : how to connect apple tv version 2 to mac

tbluhp
Jul 26, 2013, 11:47 AM
here is what I did first I plugged my apple tv waited till white light is solid not blinking then used a micro usb to plug in and nothing happens not showing in itunes and i used latest os and itunes

Julien
Jul 26, 2013, 12:08 PM
Not sure I understand. Are you trying to physically hook an Apple TV to your Mac or trying to get them "hooked" to the same account?

If the former then what are you trying to accomplish and how are you attempting this? :confused: The Apple TV USB I believe is for service only and you can't hook HDMI out to USB.

If the latter then along as both are signed into the same account on on the same WiFi you should be able to see all content on both.

tbluhp
Jul 26, 2013, 01:02 PM
i trying to reinstall apple tv os via itunes i have apple tv os 7 but its buggy so the only way I know to downgrade is via itunes and a computer using a usb cable but cant figure out what to do google says plug apple tv up wait for solid white light then usb cable but nothing happens

FlatlinerG
Jul 26, 2013, 01:32 PM
I'd just follow this http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4367?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

dcains
Jul 26, 2013, 03:03 PM
Connect the ATV to your computer using only the USB cable. Don't use the power cable to connect the ATV to 120VAC at the same time.

brand
Jul 26, 2013, 07:55 PM
Unless you saved your blobs this is all moot because the older iOS versions are no longer being signed by Apple.