Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cleo1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
Here's the game:
'Yea' or 'nay', just like with your grandaddy's iOS 7 icon poll, but this time, if you vote 'nay' you must back up your convictions and include an alternative icon set you deem superior. Go!

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Another absolutely essential iOS 7 icon thread.

Completely original concept here, though...so certainly not redundant or superfluous...:rolleyes:

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Another absolutely essential iOS 7 icon thread.

Completely original concept here, though...so certainly not redundant or superfluous...:rolleyes:

And another one of these comments. Nobody saw this coming. :p

I'd be interested in such a poll, but anticipating a firestorm of criticism for starting "another icon thread," I think I'll pass.

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
I prefer this icon set to Apple's:

icons2_1x.png

cleo1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
You're right!:eek:

But is it unfair to point out the magnitude of the redundancy?

Yes, I know pointing it out is redundant...catch 22.:p

Works for me!

The redundancy is largely due to threads full of comments on how stupid the thread is rather than actual contributions. It is only because of this low wheat-to-chaff ratio that these polls need to be conducted and re-conducted. It is an important topic and if everyone would answer seriously, we could be done with it. That being said, I vote to keep the icons exactly as is.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
The redundancy is largely due to threads full of comments on how stupid the thread is rather than actual contributions. It is only because of this low wheat-to-chaff ratio that these polls need to be conducted and re-conducted. It is an important topic and if everyone would answer seriously, we could be done with it. That being said, I vote to keep the icons exactly as is.

Your point is taken, though I might not agree about the importance of the topic (over and over) as it will make absolutely no difference at all in the ultimate outcome in iOS 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.