PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air 2013 performance with external Display

hbksabhi
Jul 27, 2013, 02:55 AM
Hey guy currently I'm using a desktop with 40 inch TV and performance is good ....

I wanted to know how's the performance of new mac air with external display of high resolution max being 2500*1600 monitor
Frame rates while hd playback and web browsing and normal stuff

catalyst07
Jul 29, 2013, 04:27 PM
Hey guy currently I'm using a desktop with 40 inch TV and performance is good ....

I wanted to know how's the performance of new mac air with external display of high resolution max being 2500*1600 monitor
Frame rates while hd playback and web browsing and normal stuff

My 2013 11" i7 8gb can push 1080p very smoothly on thunderbolt monitor. I have noticed no lag or skipping at all. I bet it could do two 1080p videos at once outputting to the thunderbolt monitor.

hbksabhi
Jul 30, 2013, 04:09 AM
My 2013 11" i7 8gb can push 1080p very smoothly on thunderbolt monitor. I have noticed no lag or skipping at all. I bet it could do two 1080p videos at once outputting to the thunderbolt monitor.

That is great . Thanks for reply ...

Do u use macbook in clamshell mode for long hours coz i need the macbook for that ... Watching and browsing web on my tv tooo in clamshell mode

mr.bee
Jul 30, 2013, 07:35 AM

i'm very curious about this question also :)

Can you be a bit more specific about your workload on an external screen?
just webbrowsing? playing games? photoshop? ms office?
all at the same time?

Weaselboy
Jul 30, 2013, 12:18 PM
That is great . Thanks for reply ...

Do u use macbook in clamshell mode for long hours coz i need the macbook for that ... Watching and browsing web on my tv tooo in clamshell mode

I use my 2013 13" MBA with the TB display (2560-by-1440) for days on end in clamshell mode. No lag, no problems, works perfectly.

Ronnoco
Aug 3, 2013, 11:16 PM
I use my 2013 13" MBA with the TB display (2560-by-1440) for days on end in clamshell mode. No lag, no problems, works perfectly.

Weasealboy, I have a 2011 27" ACD (pre Thunderbolt) that uses mini-display. How can I connect the ACD to my 2013 MBA i7? Do you know of some Thunderbolt to Mini-Display adapter? Because of the lack of Thunderbolt connection to the ACD will the MBA have to work harder to output to the ACD?
(right now I use a 2010 MBP 2.4GHz i5 with 8GB RAM to run the ACD via mini-display and it works perfectly without any lag at all). I'm hopeful my new i7 Air will run as smoothly with the ACD.
Thanks for any help :)

Weaselboy
Aug 4, 2013, 08:24 AM
Weasealboy, I have a 2011 27" ACD (pre Thunderbolt) that uses mini-display. How can I connect the ACD to my 2013 MBA i7? Do you know of some Thunderbolt to Mini-Display adapter? Because of the lack of Thunderbolt connection to the ACD will the MBA have to work harder to output to the ACD?
(right now I use a 2010 MBP 2.4GHz i5 with 8GB RAM to run the ACD via mini-display and it works perfectly without any lag at all). I'm hopeful my new i7 Air will run as smoothly with the ACD.
Thanks for any help :)

Just plug the mini display connector in to the Thunderbolt port and it will work. The geometry of the ports is the same, only the electronics are different. The TB port is backwards compatible with MD for video signals.

As far as video, it will work the same and the TB display. You of course just won't have all the other data passthrough connections like USB etc.

Ronnoco
Aug 4, 2013, 12:08 PM
Just plug the mini display connector in to the Thunderbolt port and it will work. The geometry of the ports is the same, only the electronics are different. The TB port is backwards compatible with MD for video signals.

As far as video, it will work the same and the TB display. You of course just won't have all the other data passthrough connections like USB etc.

Oh wow, that's great! Thank you so much for the info! :)