Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
In case any resident UI designers are looking for a job. :). I've heard this team is quite small (~20 or so employees) so are these reqs due to turnover or expanding the team? Hmm...

http://tinyurl.com/k74t2nj

http://tinyurl.com/pflnf5x

Job Info:

The Apple Human Interface Group (HIg), responsible for crafting the user interface design of the iPhone and OS X, is looking for a Senior HI Designer to work on the iPhone. The HIg iPhone Designer has the ability to solve problems creatively, an interdisciplinary sensibility toward graphic, product and digital media design and an exceptional eye for detail. He or she will conceive, design and develop future enhancements to Aqua, the dynamic user interface for the iPhone, including everything from icon to application design, and will be involved in individual and group critiques of their work.

Top candidates will have proficiency in illustration, a basic understanding of user interface principles, a sensitivity to typography and color, a general awareness of materials/textures, and a practical grasp of physics and animation.

Knowledge of OS X, Photoshop and Illustrator as well as a willingness to learn on the job is a requirement. Experience in Director, Quartz Composer, 3D computer modeling, motion graphics, sound design and copy writing are a plus.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
This seems like a good sign. Perhaps Apple is finally getting their act together.

Or they're just planning to overhaul the UI on Mac OS next, so they're moving the experienced lot over to Mac and getting some new blood in to maintain/tweak iOS.

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Or a bunch of current employees quit?

Maybe the ones who specialized in stitched leather UIs? :D
I suspect a number of employees have quit over management's design direction for IOS7.

Google is more than willing to hire experienced IOS UI engineers to work on Key Lime Pie (Android 5.0).

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I suspect a number of employees have quit over management's design direction for IOS7.

Google is more than willing to hire experienced IOS UI engineers to work on Key Lime Pie (Android 5.0).

Just curious why you suspect this?

If it was the case surely 9to5Mac would've already had a scoop about it. :D

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
C'mon. Get in the spirit. This is MacRumors: We're supposed to make stuff up!

Well, the only reason they're looking for human interface designers is because a space ship crashed near Apple HQ, and they're trying to adapt the flight controls so humans can interface with them. At least that's what I heard.
sneaky.gif

Last edited:

adildacoolset

macrumors 65816
I sincerely hope that the "designers" on these forums with their two semesters of design experience apply for a job, and make it clear to the interviewer that they think they're better than the whole team. Even though their "correction" is a small change to the icons, which usually looks the same as the originals or substantially worse.

Maybe then, these people can finally realise that they're not as good as they think they are.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
iOS 7 needs to be cancelled.

In your wildest dreams.

----------

I sincerely hope that the "designers" on these forums with their two semesters of design experience apply for a job, and make it clear to the interviewer that they think they're better than the whole team. .

Based on what I have seen here, I seriously wonder what makes you think that they can do any better? I have seen some really crapy concept designs in here, and what's more interesting, people here keep encouraging them to waste their time by sugesting they present their design to Apple by filing a bug report :rolleyes:

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
Based on what I have seen here, I seriously wonder what makes you think that they can do any better? I have seen some really crapy concept designs in here, and what's more interesting, people here keep encouraging them to waste their time by sugesting they present their design to Apple by filing a bug report :rolleyes:

...I think he was being sarcastic... right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.